Page 155 of 252 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

when in doubt get a hammer
    got a small ball peen and tapped it quite a bit and it worked, hi beam, lo beam, and marker lights work and power to the dash indicator light????

horn working as it is supposed to, and all lights working, running, brake, blackout marker, and trailer connection. one light bulb bad in front marker, but voltage there and have to order right rear light one i got just aint right, cojld paint the lense red, but naaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh and original wiring all repaired and re conditioned (laying it out on plywood sure helped)

Get a bigger hammer

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    when in doubt get a hammer
    got a small ball peen and tapped it quite a bit and it worked, hi beam, lo beam, and marker lights work and power to the dash indicator light????
    I'm glad to hear that all of the light stuff got straightened out.

I've made aircraft harnesses with knotted ropes and plywood - that is a good layout tool.

And, you used the universal tool to fix the dimmer switch - a bigger Hammer!

You're getting pretty close ....

Good deal. You would be surprised on how many issues we have with new out of the box wiring harnesses. Pins not fully indexed, or the wire locks are busted. Being that the harnesses are made by the lowest bidder, in a shack in either Canada or Mexico. Million dollar combat vehicles shouldn't have foreign made parts, period. But even the CAT engine is made in Brazil. Global market we are told, crap is what we get.
    Hammers are the best universal tools. If a small hammer doesn't work, increase the size until it is fixed, or you feel better. It may not totally fix the problem, but you will be at a starting over point.

I'll look in the morning to see if there are replacement red lenses available.

Drove it five times around block,,, really need to put fuel filter on, carb gets gorped up with crud and i actually hit it with a hard mallet light taps and the trouble passes. will use inline glass filter. still steers like buffalo with a broom up its butt. am convinced that i need to work on the drag link, seems to be not quite right

actually got into 3rd gear, blocks not all that big... brakes need work probably individual adj and to be bled. what happens with too much brake fluid??

i have the windshield out of cj and darn if they are not identical, wonder if the kit from kaiser would give the split windshield. i measured and they are identical. side by side, can not tell them apart other than one rustier n heck and the other brand new
    1. gas ank final install, pickup line and sending unit to be put in
    2. wheels and rims, five tires, four rims ( guy that said he was pricing shipping disappeared)
    3. steering
    4. passenger seat
    5. passenger side rear light
    6. black out light bulb front
    7 instrument cluster
    8 windshield glass
    9. created/make floor mats out of raptor bed liner

Shakedown Cruises

?? "... what happens with too much brake fluid?? ..."

In the truck you have to lay under the truck and fill the master cylinder upside down and blind. There is not even a plate in the floorboard to get to it!

When it gets full, it runs down your arm. I don't think you can overfill - it just runs over and drips .. but I've never played with an M38A1.

Did you get the High Beam light on the cluster figured out?
    Last edited by LarrBeard; 04-29-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Did you get the High Beam light on the cluster figured out?

fixed it with a hammer

drivingdriving4.jpgdriving5.jpgdriving6.jpg

forgot what it was like to drive with no windshield even at 30mph gotta get that done
    Last edited by pelago; 04-29-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Hitting a bumblebee in the backside is bad for you and the bee...

Ask just about any Harley rider about that.

You might need to check out the needle and seat in the carb. Might just have a little crud not allowing it to fully seat. That's when the rubber mallet fixes it.

Early CJ5 windshields are carry overs from the M38A1. They were split windshields, but a single frame. I'm not sure of the break down, and cut offs, but some were a single piece pop out, (ventilated windshield/ or bottom vent pop out). The one that I worked on was a '52, and it was a divided, fixed windshield.

I bright flashlight and a flexible funnel, and you can fill the master cylinder from the engine compartment. The access cover can help you get the plug off, but to see how much you are putting in vs. how much is overfilling is a guess. Plus it isn't fun trying to get your head back out from under the steering column and wheel.

Sounds like your camber is off on your front end. That typically is a good culprit for tough steering.

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/tech-gu...tandards-m38a1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 04-29-2019 at 03:38 PM.

the split windshield on one i have is a rubber gasket type split not steel??, think the kit for glass (two pieces) should work