Page 157 of 252 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Your alignment may be off just because of the variety of wheels and tires. These Heeps are sensitive about mixing and matching of tires. Even modern jeeps are still using a close resemblance of the suspension that is in your A1. I suppose some shops just don't want the liability of a come back if everything isn't brand new.

right now have four tires all they do is ieep the thing off the ground, no two alike...before alignment time tires and rims

Did you ever find a set of wheels? I know you had one deal fall through. If not, check with the guys over at 1/4 ton and military. They might have some originals in good shape.

On their sight, they have repops for $109 each.

I have four of the civilian version, but they need the junk tires taken off and the rims painted. The tires appear to be vintage '47, but hold air. They've even made a few trips to town on my '46. I was planning to cut the tires off and clean/prime, but if you are interested, we can work something out.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 05-04-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Did you ever find a set of wheels? I know you had one deal fall through. If not, check with the guys over at 1/4 ton and military. They might have some originals in good shape.

On their sight, they have repops for $109 each.

I have four of the civilian version, but they need the junk tires taken off and the rims painted. The tires appear to be vintage '47, but hold air. They've even made a few trips to town on my '46. I was planning to cut the tires off and clean/prime, but if you are interested, we can work something out.
    do the rims look like this?

yeah we need a discussion on this>>>m38a1 rim2.jpg

looking at the display lights in catalog, i looked at price and spit coffee all over the place
    https://www.kaiserwillys.com/dash-li...0-66-m38-m38a1

all of the fixtures are good but no damn lenses and got voltage to the things and the dimmer indicater is right and works but no darn lenses

I would either find a red bulb or make up a red lenses out of plastic.

They were the wheels that were on the '47 I salvaged the front frame horns for my 46. The wheels should be exactly like the same as your M38A1 wheels. I didn't think that these had the 5/16" hole between the lug holes, but they do. All four hold air, but one will need a of work done around the valve stem. No big deal, either weld up the hole and redrill, or put in a copper Dowell or punch and weld up. If you are interested, they are yours. If you need for me to take the tires off, and fix the valve stem hole, it will take me two to three weeks to get them right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 05-05-2019 at 06:37 PM.

More pictures;
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks like a candidate for sandblast

They run out pretty good. None are bent or warped. We drove the Heep to town a couple of times with them on and there were no bad habits exhibited, even with the weathered tread. The sidewalls were shedding chunks, so I took them off.

I'm sending you a private message with more information.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    They run out pretty good. None are bent or warped. We drove the Heep to town a couple of times with them on and there were no bad habits exhibited, even with the weathered tread. The sidewalls were shedding chunks, so I took them off.

I'm sending you a private message with more information.

replied, miss magoo sticking his nose into everything he would sometimes get in between work i would be doing and stick his fat head into the work space and see what i was up to. put a deposit on anew friend, can never replace magoo but got room here for another

two.jpg

and am making back yard so tight even a mouse aint gettin out and the screen door he escaped from now has ole fashioned spring even though it is hydraulic close
    Last edited by pelago; 05-06-2019 at 07:06 AM.