Page 159 of 252 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

The '65 Fairlane 500 isn't too shabby. The engine was stuck, but now I've gotten it loosened up. Now the transmission has to be pulled to install a new ring gear and starter..... When I get some free time.

The black out drive light shouldn't be a real hard item to find. They didn't change much through the years, except the wiring plugs.

jeep.jpgjeep3.jpgJEEP4.jpg

STEERING SEEMS TO ME TO BE OFF, But am probably premature in even dicking with it until proper tires on it, abd brakes need a ton to engage, again that is not my fortay at all. again tires, they just seem to me to have to put a ton on em to make it stop. but fun to drive it. be better with glass, no bugs in teeth

found glass, took one piece to local glass house and they are cutting two pieces of glass to match what i have. 74.00 versus 218.00

That's about what I paid for the windshield on our 2A. A lot better than ordering glass for twice as much, the still having to buy the seal.

another issue.... gauge lights

Need some help, dash gauge lights. for the life of me can not find any of these, thought i had and got them but way way off. need two gunge lights (another thing hard to find is 24 vdc bayonet bulbs) and one hi/lo indicator. i have a socket for a bayonet bulb, and the inside of the fixture has threads in it. ordered three (what looked like would work) off of ebay, but they were not at all for this m38a1 and sent them back. not very large maybe size of a quarter

due to no working oil/temp sending units no meter movement, and no gas tank (yet) again no movement, but battery indicator good

DASH1.jpgDASH2.jpg

Looks like you have a guage cluster out of an M170 ambulance version of the A1. Surplus jeeps may be able to get you what you need. Included are some links that may be helpful as well.

http://www.surplusjeep.com/M38A1/m38...electrical.htm

http://www.2040-parts.com/original-d...-m35-i1170680/
    http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modul...wtopic&p=48702

http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modul...ewtopic&t=9163

GAS TANK IS IN!!!! am now taping entire floor area of body to put in bed liner floor mats
    seats, windshield, rims and tires and it is ice cream cone time

I'm hoping to get back to the rims this weekend. Work has been busy the last couple of weeks. Still planning to have them done up by Memorial day.

Alright, time for plan B. I finish breaking down the tires last night, then this morning started cleaning off the old paint and rust. The pitting and soft spots are much worse than I figured. I can fix it, but it would take more time then I have to spare. To do it right, the steel would have to be built back up with weld, the turned back down to true it all up. I don't have access to a lathe big enough to handle a wheel bigger than a wheelbarrow.

I'm going to check with some of my sources to see if they have any extra wheels. Worse case scenario, I will purchase one wheel and have it delivered to you. If I can find some originals from either Georgia, or Illinois, I will bring them to you.

We'll get this worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Alright, time for plan B. I finish breaking down the tires last night, then this morning started cleaning off the old paint and rust. The pitting and soft spots are much worse than I figured. I can fix it, but it would take more time then I have to spare. To do it right, the steel would have to be built back up with weld, the turned back down to true it all up. I don't have access to a lathe big enough to handle a wheel bigger than a wheelbarrow.

I'm going to check with some of my sources to see if they have any extra wheels. Worse case scenario, I will purchase one wheel and have it delivered to you. If I can find some originals from either Georgia, or Illinois, I will bring them to you.

We'll get this worked out.
    this will work