Page 160 of 252 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

I haven't forgot about you. I've been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest all week, but will meet with the owner of the M38A1 that I worked on in the morning. He is a hoarder of parts, and he owes me a favor. If that doesn't pan out, I'll go with plan C.

Haven't Heard From You - Too Quiet

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    this will work
    We haven't heard from you in a week or so.

Make a noise so we know you're still around and kicking - otherwise we're going to declare you MIA and give all your stuff way.

He’s probably bonding with that new puppy!!

Had something happen that has never happened before. Onslow County sheriff deputy stopped for a health and welfare check.... Actually it was quite nice, and enough that i need to say thank you, been a loner so long that am not used to people caring whether i live or not, and really it is nice. Puppy update i get him on the 14th going to call him Mac, short for Sir Mac McLintock the 1st from Hubert NC.. and have been able to go into back yard where magoo is. dont know how much they mean to you until they are gone.
    Gentlemen, thank you

We've been keeping a look out for you. We miss you when you are off the grid. We are all a bit of a family here, and when one is quiet, we are all concerned.

Sir Mac McLintock is a great name!

Glad all is well pelago!!
    It’s so good to hear from you, we were all getting worried that maybe you got fed up your Heep and sold it for $50,000 and said the hell with these goofy guys that want to mess with these money pits
    I hope your new pup helps fill the void of losing your Ole Buddy Magoo.
    Please don’t stay absent so long, we miss your Wisdom and Experience!!!
    But most of all we miss your stories!!!
    Last edited by TJones; 06-08-2019 at 05:54 AM.

I APOLOGIZE, This is a great group, and my hearts just not been in the jeep, My eldest son is going to paint Magoo right under the windshield on the frame, and am so so looking forward to gettin the new puppy

Been watching with interest some of the stories about D day, and i want to say Yes the greatest generation. My son asked me what was it like the first time you got shot at, i asked in the Marines or Chicago? He said "dad", First time in RVN got wakened up about 0200 lots of noise, was standing outside my "tent" looking NW towards dog patch and saw these green globs floating in the air coming towards me, and then they would zip by my head, I said WTF??? my 1st sgt tackled me and said Son What in the Hell are yo doing? Those are tracers from a heavy, I said tracers are red he said You idiot ours are red theirs are green

There we go pelago Thats What I'm Talking about!!!!!!!

I understand what your talking about when you say "your hearts not been in the jeep" every once in a while we just have to walk away from it, I find myself getting frustrated with mine too. I have been almost 2 years on mine and I am getting tired of looking at it and asking myself WTF........ IS IT EVER GOING TO GET FINISHED!!!!!!
    So I say the heck with it and stay away for away sometimes for a couple of weeks....

Thats Great that your Son is going to paint Magoo on your frame, that way when someone ask you can tell them that Magoo was an Old Buddy and was one of your Best Cheerleaders in the process!!!!
    Maybe you can have him paint Mac on your Jeep somewhere as well!!!!!

Pelagro, you do not owe us an apology. You have an ear with us. We are here for you regardless of your needs. We aren't just Heep guys. We have been working on vehicles that have come back from the front for the last 10 years. Each vehicle tells a story, and wether it did it's job in bringing the groups back home or not. We have an engineer that we just brought in under contract, and he proudly served in the Marines. He was nearly killed serving in Iraq. He stops by my office just to talk. Last week we closed the door and he broke down over the loss if one of his friends that he served with. He died due to suicide. On average we lose 25 soldiers a day, every day due to suicide. The VA is useless unless you want to be medicated to a catatonic state. The American people have failed you, and everyone who has served.

The great thing about a project, you have the ability to walk away for a bit. I walk by our wagon twice a day at least, but haven't had a good amount of time to even work on it. If I get a chance to call about the wheels this week, I'll get it sent to you.... And the shovel.

Take care my friend, and we look forward to you showing off your new pup!

avitar.jpgmontagnard.jpgKHE SAHN 2.jpgdead sapars from marble mountain.jpg

from a land far far away and a time long long ago