Page 176 of 252 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Willys...d23f1921b3e4bf

WHERE DO THESE GO??

I can remember the jeeps with fifth marines and fifth comm battalion "RADIO RELAY AND CONSTRUCTION COMPANY" HOWS THAT FOR A COMPANY NAME.. ENGINEERS AND COMM IN SAME COMPANY??? and they all had axes on drivers side and shovels under hood, but where does the axe go drill wise? and the center line for the spare timre mount, have to drill holes again. got the gas tank holder on okay and have "sleeves" in the bolts where it goes thru the bracket inside so it wont compress the darn thing, i actually found hard nylon spacers that the bolt fit perfectly inside and they fit like a glove
    Last edited by pelago; 08-26-2019 at 06:30 AM.

Electric Wiper Kit

[QUOTE=pelago;8972]https://www.kaiserwillys.com/windshi...0-68-m38-m38a1

AM LOOKING AT WINDSHIELD WIPERS, SEEMS THAT I CAN GET THE TWO VACUM MOTORS REBUILT HOWEVER THE GUYS THAT DO IT ALL INDICATE THAT IF THERE IS MUCH PITTING ON THE ACTUAL ROD THAT THE WIPERS ATTACH TO THAT IT MIGHT NOT BE SATISFACTORY. AND THE COST IS PRETTY HIGH?? LIKE TO HAVE WIPERS,,, WOULD NEED TWO OF THESE GUYS, COMMENTS??

When I did the '48 truck, I had the vacuum wipers overhauled. I am still thinking about changing over to a 6-volt electric wiper. Vacuum wipers (to coin a phrase) suck. We're spoiled by electric wipers that go thunk-thunk at the same rate regardless of whether you're accelerating or decelerating. The vacuum boost on the fuel pump helps, but it isn't what we're used to.

And - it looks like you can get TWO kits for what it cost me to get ONE vacuum motor rebuilt. There will be some installation issues I am sure, but if you feel like making the conversion - go for it.

I knew you were going to do something with wipers, so at the Jeep Fest some guy had his windshield down and I took a quick picture of his wiper setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

WHERE DO THESE GO??

If you click on the little arrow on the right side of the pictures, the last two pictures in the listing show those brackets mounted somewhere on the dash.

40-Meters

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    have to look at crystal pak and antenna, NEED TO ADD NEVER BEEN ON 60 METERS 80, YEAH HAVE A GREAT DIPOLE CENTERED ON 7.268 NO SWR
    We'll figure out something on 40

EVEN mm LIKED THE M38A1

MARYLYN ON A M38A1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    EVEN mm LIKED THE M38A1

MARYLYN ON A M38A1.jpg
    She had exquisite taste!

hMMMM all of ours had the axe on the side, maybe cuz they were comm vehicles??

Very possible. The comms did occupied the same spot as the axe. You had talked of mounting radios at one point, so go with your memory and mount the axe to the side.

Damn. Un anticipated issue
    ordered 8 eccentrics to adjust all brake shoes? When i got them i looked and they just did not seem right, then i put them on and damn things just do not even come close to hitting the brake shoes??? Further investigation found that the offset on the new ones is just not the same
    damn damn damn 8.00 each bought 8

PASSENGER SIDE REAR.jpgECCENTRIC FOR WHEEL.jpg

COPY OF EMAIL SENT
    THESE ARE FOR THE M38A1 THAT I PURCHASED, 8 OF THEMN TO REPLACE ALL ON ALL FOUR WHEELS.
    THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG HERE, THE NEW ONES JUST DO NOT ADJUST, THEY WILL NOT EVEN COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE BRAKE SHOE
    IF YOU LOOK AT THE PHOTO I SENT THE DARK ONE IS OFF THE ORIGINAL M38A1 AND THE SHINEY ONE IS THE NEW ONE, THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE.
    THEY SIMPLY DO NOT ADJUST THE SHOE. THE OFFSET ON THE NEW ONES IS JUST NOT THE SAME AND THE DIFFERENCE IS PRETTY LARGE
    I ALSO SENT A PHOTO OF TWO OF THEM SIDE BY SIDE. YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THAT THE NEW ONES JUST ARE NOT OFF CENTER AND JUST SIMPLY DO NOT EVEN COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE BRAKE SHOE, CONSEQUENTLY ONE SIMPLY CAN NOT ADJUST THE SHOE, ALSO INCLUDED A PICTURE OF RIGHT REAR WHEEL WITH THEM INSTALLED.
    SINCE THIS IS FOR BRAKES THIS PRETTY SERIOUS AND COULD EVEN LEAD TO A LAWSUIT??
    PLEASE ADVISE