Page 178 of 252 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

The original ones didn't look too bad at all. Vice grips will booger up the works, but you did well in getting it all back in shape.

this is lovelydorian2.jpg

Your going to get wet! Hunker down and, good luck. We are praying for you!

Bob

I looked at the Jacksonville NC weather last night and it looked like you were going to get sideswiped.

It's time to rig the generator, chain up the gas cans, tie down the loose stuff and get a nice comfy blanket for Jake to curl up in.

keeping busy
    this is the fourth and final attempt at gasket for carb over four hours, but this one should work, can not adjust anything with more gas on the outside than inside

fourth attempt.jpg

AND I BELIEVE I NEED #24 LEAKING SOMEWHAT
    https://www.kaiserwillys.com/diagram...3-27-rear-axle
    Last edited by pelago; 09-04-2019 at 12:53 PM.

generator staged, fired it up and all is good. 9kw runs mos of house, i cut back but have tv, fridge, lights and fans. 30 gallons of gas. Since i did all that maybe the damn thing will move east?? You know the weather guessers had this sob
    nailing florida, they had it going in. when i saw that i said "who in the hell do they think they are kidding. THEY CAN NOT TELL WHERE THIS THING GOES, ONLY TRUST THEM WITH A 36HR FORECAST, IN REALITY THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THESE THINGS WILL GO. THESE STORMS ARE EVEN LESS PREDICTABLE THAN WOMEN...... Had to get that gasket done so i could move magoo, it was blocking the generator, so put the gasket in and no leaks, carb seemed okay, drove it around the block a few times then came back and parked it in drive and moved generator (luckily it has wheels) Outer bands have come thru lots of lightening disconnected all ham gear and it sits idle done want to lose the ICOM 706, still have antenna in the air but am moving it as wind shifts to look into the wind, five pretty large elements 85 foot in air, keep adjusting it to lookinto the wind. Jake still being Jake 16months old now and still very very much a puppy. just thinking of all the yard crap will have to clean up. but actually not so much worried about roof all new steel... good test for it, and it is guaranteed for life. so we shall see

HaHa! "Less predictable than women". I predict an "*** Kicking" from the females to follow! Isn't Dorian a girls name?

My Dad had a HAM 2 meter FM and an AM array set up with a 30 foot tower. He took a hit that fried a lot of stuff. Like his whole radio room! He had a BIG ground on the tower. It disintegrated it.

On the "leaker", use a FEL-PRO RDS6629. Any Dana 44 gasket. They are all the same. I have always had good success with the Fel-Pro. They are $2 at Rock Auto. They are having a closeout. I am not sure how many are left. These are the best gaskets I have found for the 44.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/fe...l+gasket,13411
    Last edited by bmorgil; 09-05-2019 at 07:45 AM.

My weather station on tower (accurate) highest gust so far 72knots just took five inches of water out of my pool in prep for lots of rain

LATE ENTRY 9 41 AM JUST HAD A GUST TO 75 LOTS OF RAIN, SINE TORNADO ACTIVITY IN AREA
    Last edited by pelago; 09-05-2019 at 08:42 AM.

ALSO WHILE BROWSING FOUND THIS

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...M38A1&_sacat=0

LEFT TO DO ON THIS PORTION OF RESTORATION
    PASSENGER SEAT
    PASSENGER SEAT CUSHIONS
    SPARE TIRE MOUNT
    SPEEDOMETER CABLE
    FOUND A FEW PESKY LEAKS, CAN FIX THOSE
    WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTORS AND BLADES (ELECTRIC)
    BUMPERETTES (TWO OF THEM)
    MOUNT AXE AND SHOVEL
    WILL HAVE FRONT END ALIGHNMENT CHECKED, BUT FELL I GOT IT OKAY, CAN LET GO OF WHEEL AND IT TRACKS STRAIGHT AND NO WOBBLE AT ALL ON NEW FRONT TIRES
    I JUST DO NOT SEEM TO HAVE THE SKILLS TO ADJUST BRAKES, WHEN I THINK I GOT IT I STILL JUST DO NOT HAVE A PANIC STOP, I ADJ AND WHEN I THINK IT IS TOUCHING I LOCK IT, BUT THINK THAT IT NEEDS MORE. THIS IS ONE THING I HAVE NEVER EVER DONE AND THINK IT MIGHT BE WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY TO TAKE IT SOMEWHERE, LUCKILY THERE IS A GUY HERE THAT HAS RESTORED MANY MANY MANY OLDER CARS FROM MODEL "A'S' TO 50'S CARS AND TRUCKS, HE OWNS "CLIFFS AUTO REPAIR RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD" HE SAID SURE BRING IT IN

ALL GAUGES WORK, TEMP GAUGE SHOWS 170 DEGREES AFTER TWO HOURS OF DRIVING, OIL PRESSURE GOES TO 35LBS ONCE OIL AND ENGINE WARMED P, FUEL GAUGE SHOWS CORRECT FUEL LEVEL, BATTERY CONDITION SHOWS CORRECT VOLTAGE CONFIRMED BY SIMPSON 260 METER. NO SPEEDOMETER CABLE YET (SPEEDOMETER, I LIKE THAT)
    HAVE FOUR NEW TIRES AND ONE USED ONE FOR SPARE WITH 3 NEW RIMS
    Last edited by pelago; 09-05-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Slave Cables and Clean Up

[QUOTE=pelago;9066]ALSO WHILE BROWSING FOUND THIS

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...M38A1&_sacat=0

You probably won't need a slave cable to start or be started, but it would look good in the hole for the receptacle. What the heck - go for it.

It sounds like you're getting there - and having a professional adjust the brakes is a good idea. We joke about "If the brakes don't stop you, something will ...", but it's really not a joke. If you can't stop it reliably, it shouldn't start in the first place.

Your list of things to finish sounds like the list most of us have - there is always just one more little thing I need to get done to make it right.

I hope you don't have too much clean up to do once the wind dies down.