Page 206 of 252 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Here is the solution that we had come up with on the license plate mount in the rear. When being shown, there is a unit cover that affixes to the license plate. Still not absolutely legal because there is no light, but close enough. Make the kid sit all day long. Hopefully they don't go alphabetically. Good Luck!

You can run the CJ style hand brake, as long as you mount the handle to either a angle iron mounted under the dash to secure the handle to. I would be apprehensive to drill into the dash to mount, but it is your rig. Set it up how you want it, we will still admire your ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Here is the solution that we had come up with on the license plate mount in the rear. When being shown, there is a unit cover that affixes to the license plate. Still not absolutely legal because there is no light, but close enough. Make the kid sit all day long. Hopefully they don't go alphabetically. Good Luck!

You can run the CJ style hand brake, as long as you mount the handle to either a angle iron mounted under the dash to secure the handle to. I would be apprehensive to drill into the dash to mount, but it is your rig. Set it up how you want it, we will still admire your ride.
    the difference in the stock e brake an the one i have is about 500.00 for all the pieces and parts i dont have yeah gonna go with the brake handle mounted with support

I cannot believe you got a ticket! This story needs to go in the paper. That is one power hungry cop. Please keep us posted on the court. I have had a run in or two with an out of control cop. It is a shame. I have some very good friends in Law Enforcement. They would never act like that. I would understand if you were in a lower blacked out window suspicious vehicle.

The "hole" in the dash for the Emergency Brake Handle (the cane) is an angled stamping with a large brace behind it that the locking spring and carrier are bolted to (item AE in your photo). The cane handle points up and at the driver at slight angles. The cable runs along the transmission and up the clutch housing to the firewall. It goes through the firewall by the coil on a CJ3A.

You would have to modify the dash or figure out a way to hook up the handle or, a lever of some sort to the cable.

This might do it.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/r...BoCN5EQAvD_BwE

Bolt it between the seats and run the cable to it.

it just might at that, thanks

burnt out a bulb, these are for the instrment lights and i can get 12v and 6 volt but where in heck 24vdc, bulb has no reference number on it
    this size
    https://www.kaiserwillys.com/categor...3-71-cj-3b-5-6
    Last edited by pelago; 11-19-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Swing by your local CAT or any heavy equipment dealer. They should have a supply of 24 volt bulbs.

24 volt bulb

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    it just might at that, thanks

burnt out a bulb, these are for the instrment lights and i can get 12v and 6 volt but where in heck 24vdc, bulb has no reference number on it
    this size
    https://www.kaiserwillys.com/categor...3-71-cj-3b-5-6
    I

Check midwes t military

For reference general electric 1829 24volt dc bulbs

SWITCHING PARKING BRAKE FROM M38A1 TO M38 STYLE PARKING BRAKE
    taking the yoke housing off i broke the damn thing, the bottom bolt area cracked, but found one to replace it and even with that cost am ahead on dollars by 400.00 and found whole set up on ebay for 150
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Trans...IAAOSwrcRdii5A
    sent him a note asking the diameter of output shaft

What is your concern on the diameter of the output? Are you thinking the Intermediate shaft? The output on the Dana 18 is the same. The Intermediate shaft varies.