Page 214 of 252 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Adjusting the drag link is fairly easy. It will definitely cause slop in the steering if it is too loose. It is there to absorb road shock. On the bell crank end, turn the screw in all the way then back it out till the first cotter key hole lines up. On the steering gear end, turn the screw in all the way then back out one full turn. Tighten to the nearest cotter key hole. This will give you the proper shock absorbent action as well as a tight steering link.

On the front end toe setting, I literally use a tape measure. I am sure you got it right. Basically you make sure the steering box is in the middle, not the steering wheel or front wheels. When you are sure the box is in the middle, Adjust the tie rods to bring the wheels straight ahead. Adjust the toe to 1/8" toe in in the front. When all is correct, the bell crank arm where the tie rods hook, will be parallel to the frame rails, with the steering box in the middle.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 12-09-2019 at 09:39 AM.

got some pieces and parts left over anddamifiknow where in the heck they go?? the solo one lower right corner is for the top/canvas bows but the others??and
    got the axe mounted. no way gonna drill holes in drivers side with the gas tank there

where.jpg closer2.jpg closer3.jpg

oh yeah, got a ticket for "PARTIALLY OBSCURED LICENSE PLATE" Can you believe it? went to district atty and he looked at photo evidence and threw it out. the spare tire partially covers one corner of the plate

ALMOST11.jpg

Justice is almost served! So what did they give you for all of your time they wasted?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Justice is almost served! So what did they give you for all of your time they wasted?
    I SIMPLY TOLD THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY THAT I WANTED JURY TRIAL, AND WAS IN MY DRESS BLUES, WITH ALL MEDALS AND RIBBONS AND HAD THE STATE REG STATING THAT THERE WAS NO INSPECTION FOR THIS VEHICLE SINCE IT WAS OVER 25 YRS OLD, AND I WANTED MY DAY IN COURT TO WASTE EVERYONES TIME LIKE THE COP WASTED MINE

the woman actually chuckled and said, "I bet you would at that" then said give me the ticket and she wrote on it dismissed

Great! They figured out that it was best they didn't mess with you.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    great! They figured out that it was best they didn't mess with you.
    perfectly willing to sit in courtroom with a good book nd watch the traffic pass, but so will the cop, think they knew that

Without a doubt. Never underestimate a Marine on a mission.

I could see a cop stopping you to look that Jeep over and admire the good work, but that is anal if I ever saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
    I could see a cop stopping you to look that Jeep over and admire the good work, but that is anal if I ever saw it.
    Been pulled over three times, twice for tail light not working properly, (no light on right side/rear) and seat belt. all three by young cops, they just did not seem to understand that first of all this vehicle does not need a inspection, and that the fixture on right rear is not a tail light per se but in fact a black out light. Vehicle did not come with seat belts and are not req. by NC law. When i said black out light twice they just sort of said (say what).... they had to call their supervisor and i think he set the straight, but off i went without a ticket wtice
    the the yahoo pulled mo oeve for obstructed license plate

anyone ever converted 134F solid lifters to hydraulic?? and is this even possible without exotic machine shop charges?