Page 232 of 252 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Emergency-Brake-M38A1-I_2.jpg

am very confused with number 12, the stop, they show it vertical, and there is a place where it connects to the inside of the apparatus?? But beats hell out of me how it actually goes in and works

FOUR PHOTOS OF THE STOP IN THE SYSTEM, THE PHOTO SHOWS IT VERTICAL, NO WAY DOES IT GO THAT WAY, HORIZONTAL?? LEFT OR RIGHT?? BTFOM??

BRAKE1.jpg BRAKE2.jpg BRAKE3.jpg BRAKE4.jpg

THE PHOTOS THAT SHOW IT VERTICAL ARE MISLEADING, THERE IS A SQUARE CUT OUT ON THE STOP THING, BUT IT DOES NOT FIT ON THE STUB PROVIDED, HOLE TOO SMALL ONLY LEFT OR RIGHT HORIZONTAL
    Last edited by pelago; 03-14-2020 at 02:47 PM.

right now it is emergency brake 1 and me zero, darn thing kicking my ***

What is supposed to hold it in place?

Lay everything out in the same manner as the diagram. It will start to make sense. You photos are showing the assembly upside down and flipped. The second of your photos is the correct way per the diagram.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 03-15-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Lay everything out in the same manner as the diagram. It will start to make sense. You photos are showing the assembly upside down and flipped. The second of your photos is the correct way per the diagram.
    for the sake of discussion, i will call the point where the apparatus swivels as a fulcrum point look at #12, it has square hole does it go onthe fulcrum point hanging down, #6 is the piece tht the fulcrum swivels on and it has square end?? that the point?? where stop goes?

stop piece1.jpg stoppiece2.jpg
    two views front and back or what is inside and what is outside. is the shiny rectangular piece the stop piece, it all fits in the drum but can not figure out how it stops anything

Maybe to keep the bolt from turning?

Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
    Maybe to keep the bolt from turning?
    'damnifiknow" to me it just sorts of sits there?? but then again not sure i got i right anyway

found the tm, and pge and description of adj..
    however if one reads it they say to adjust anchor pin to set feeler gauge to .0010. and then lock it, but that makes the anchor pin offset, and the one i have is not ofset, and when the stop pin taken off cant turn it anyway
    or else i am reading it all crazy
    army tm tm 9-8014 para 238 emergency brke adj

have spent many many hours just looking at this, and have had it in and out several times, there is on conspicuous error. do not know how or why, but they make it sound as if the anchor pin is a (sp)eccentric bolt, that is turningit will make the shoe move in and out. does not work that way?? it is not a eccentric bolt completely round no adjust. my plan is to stick it in al thogether and get the .010" adj equal to both ends of outside shoe and lock it, COMMENT??
    Last edited by pelago; 03-19-2020 at 02:11 PM.

i really messed up, thinking of forest for the trees deal and "assume" you know *** out of you and me, well me anyway
    staring at the actual handle forever i put it in, and if you look at the picture of the handle it realy only goeson one way, due to fct tht the link hole is on one side. yup put the damn thing in backasswards, handle goes back not forward, got to redo it, but got cold again so am sitting on it for a bit