Page 246 of 252 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Fine work. I'd love to look at that one up close.

WINDSHIELD WIPER HOOK UP
    Have intake manifold available, and have constant vacuum from fuel pump. Now i cn get tubing, but have to bend it (multiple times) and even though i have the tool , but seem to kink tubing. you all think that all hose would be okay. damn tubing exp

There is nothing wrong with hose all the way or, hose where the bends are. Are you using copper or steel? The copper is original I think and, much easier to bend. If you fill the tube with sand and plug both ends the best you can, sometimes you can get a pretty decent bend. Especially with softer tubing.

probably only way to get original ones is to find them on the internet. Go to a box store and ask for a pair of 5/16th " bolts and the want to know what kind of car??? Napa has steel tubing, but looking at close to 40 bucks worth of tubing or five bucks worth of hose

Just ordered total rebuild parts for spare motor.
    $557.00 pistons, rings, bearings, valves (exh) gaskets and seals. Shopped around some and this is fair to me.
    LOOKS LIKE WILL HAVE ABOUT $700.00 TOTAL LABOR AT MACHINE SHOP AND PARTS. NOT BAD FOR A TOTAL REBUILD (I THINK)

Definitely a good price for the rebuild.

I ordered the windshield wiper install kit from KW. It was very pricey but I thought there must be something to it. In the end, I would have done much better at the hardware store. The tubing they sell is Copper. It bends quite easily. It is available at any hardware store. This is a little more than you need but this is the stuff that was used originally. (the same stuff you use to make a still, don't ask me how I know that) https://www.menards.com/main/plumbin...4436531421.htm

DAMN DAMN DOUBLE DAMN
    all that work on windshield wiper syste,, and it just sits there. one side moves a little the other nada
    not knowing the thresgkd fir vacuum, not sure what direction to go. Seems to have good vacuum at the on/off switch, but what do i know. Heck even my 35 ford pickemup had electric

Were the Trico motors rebuilt? If so, look at the following pdf;

https://www.mafca.com/downloads/Tech...um%20Wiper.pdf

If they are the originals, then you might need this kit for the diaphragms being dried out;

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...ebuild.373932/

Or swap your existing motors out for rebuilds;

https://rebuildingtricowipers.com/

Just ordered a NOS for my 3A from him. Nice contact gm! He still has a few NOS "Jeep" style drivers side motors left. They are expensive. He said he does not have any passenger side motors. He is no longer able to rebuild cores. He is now out of the parts he needs to restore them.

I asked him how you keep these things working as they and parts for them, are getting rare. He said, don't squirt anything in them and just use them. The more you use them he said the better.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 07-31-2020 at 03:02 PM.

after i cool off a bit will get into the damn things,,,,,,, sounds like eye dropper for lube