Page 86 of 252 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

You are still well under the cost of buying one completed. The best part of doing all of it yourself, you know what you have in front of you. Often as stated in this forum, people are trying to figure out what they are starting with, or what they have.

Hopefully the hurricane will turn back out to sea.

this is where my house is,,, well at least it is there today??

https://www.mapquest.com/search/resu...1328125&page=0

If you need to head south west, we have a spare room if you want it. The news was saying that several gas stations were running out of gas.

Me and my best friend Mr Moxie Magoo a 7 yr old lab are waiting it out, so far not much but is early

Just keep your head down. Mr. Moxie Magoo will keep you alerted to any problems. Did you lower your HAM radio antenna? It may come in handy in the aftermath.

yeah, big stick down and ant actually removed and bare tower up,,, it seems to shed high winds, but do have two VHF ant at 80' listening to ch 16 marine now some vessels off hatteras reporting high seas

Its funny that my jeep frame and motor happens to be in the strongest structure i have on the property. I built my garage and the base plates are double 2"X6" pressure treated, the walls are 16" center 2X6" double anchored with threaded rod capped to top. frame sits on two courses cinder block grouted with concrete. a full 1/2" real plywood roof, double nailed, 16" center trusses on roof, overhand on both ends are pressure treated 2X4's covered with pressure treated lumber, all exterior molding, facia etc are pressure treated.. and inside sits the jeep

Storm Surge

We're watching with you.
    How high are you above sea level?

actual sea level about 16' can see surf line from tower, about 1 1/2 miles due south, dunno????tower drill 003.jpgtower drill 010.jpgtower drill 002.jpg

that is a five element beam 10, 15, and 20 meters,,, great antenna and with a henry 3KA what a signal, i routinely talk to vessels all over the world and have a friend that works on a oil tug off african coast in a real shiity part of africa (i know name one part that aint shitty) the road in front of my house goes to a creek called Queens Creek, it goes right to ICW and to what is called Browns inlet, a non navigable inlet on the coast If i see water climbing up the road, could get dicey
    Last edited by pelago; 09-12-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Go Over to LeJeune

" could get dicey "

Head over to Le Jeune.

CG has opened base to folks with DOD ID.