Page 87 of 252 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

thinking of that but they do not allow dogs and i just wont leave my Labrador to be alone, cant do it

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    thinking of that but they do not allow dogs and i just wont leave my Labrador to be alone, cant do it

Understand. Be as safe as you can and let us know status as soon as you can.

early but it is pretty benign so far, not that much rain, and it seems to me that the north west portion of the outflow not pickup up moisture and energy because much of it over land. highest gust so far about 30knots,, one small band of rain but still early yet Can yo believe this,,, looters already reported in my area, they come here they will not be happy

Power went out for about 15 minutes but then came back but expect that sometime in the next 24 will lose it, generator set up and cables ran. coleman camp stove set up on back porch,, coffee pot, cast iron skillet, spam, eggs, rice and beans, got plenty, hell even got a case or two of MRE's (YUK), My dog kinda skittish now and wont leave my side
    Last edited by pelago; 09-13-2018 at 07:13 PM.

A looter wouldn't stand a chance within a block of your place. You and your pup stay safe. At least there is no chance that you will not eat too many MREs at one time. The beef stew is awful. The C ration peanut butter dated '43 wasn't half bad when you mixed the peanut oil back in.

JUST got interente. food okay, water okay, no power only 8hrs fuel left for generator, no cell service. no idea when power back,,, county wide out, have trees on roof, tree on truck, positive was hit by tornado, saw walls expand and now back door to utility room sprung? torqued", pool motor hit by tree, over 200 tabs from roof all over the place, tree fell on a good radiator and also on two repairable fenders. all the tree damage from neighbors trees none of mine fell, inspection of trees, they were all twisted tops off, but the trees flew over 100 foot, was very lound, during worst of storm someone tried to steal generator and they did get three cans of gas. 3 am heard generator make noise change and it was moving, ran out with pajamas on and no shoes and three guys pushing generator, damd itiot i left walther in holster next to bed, body slammed one of them and then they ran and got into a suv and took off, no glasses on could not get id on plates, managed to get a call into police and they said that others in my area also hit. but they did get three brand new cans of gas 18 gallons. this morning i saw (at lest i think i saw) the suv with a pick up truck full of bycylles and tools? called cops again well tried to anyway. me and mr magoo holding on over 28" rain in my yard

Florence Aftermath and Status

I can speak for the whole group to say that we're glad to hear from you and that you and Magoo made it through mostly undamaged and intact.

Be careful the next few days and don't get hurt in cleanup efforts.

Just remember; if you shoot a looter- he gets a free "no recovery, no fee" ambulance chasing lawyer. You have to pay for yours.

Glad to hear from you! I was getting worried about you. Let us know if you need any help in the clean up effort. It isn't too far of a drive.

North Carolina has what is called castle doctrine law, when it comes to protecting one's property. The following information was pulled from the North Carolina Stand Your Ground Law. There is some grey area when it comes to whether or not you feel threatened or not, but for the most part it is solid information.

The “Castle Doctrine” law, addresses specific circumstances under which a person can legally shoot or employ deadly force against another. ... Under N.C.'s Castle Doctrine the lawful occupant of a home, motor vehicle or workplace isn't required to retreat prior to using deadly force

https://rowanfreepress.com/2014/03/3...stle-doctrine/

No power but from own generator a 7 kw
    got some gas one station opened up on gen and police were managing the lines, no food available all stores shuttered

With the mail and UPS down, there is no way to get into your area with the roads still impassable. Let me know what you need in a private message, with your address, and we will see about getting it done.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 09-18-2018 at 04:19 PM.

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH, BUT I AM GOOD.... DONATE IT TO A LOCAL SHELTER OR GIVE TO SOME ORG LIKE SALVATION ARMY,, I AM GOOD... Saw my first natonal guard they drove by in a humvee