Thread: My late 40's/Early 50's Willys

My late 40's/Early 50's Willys

My family has a Willys - either late 40's or early 50's.

It's been in the garage for over 20 years.

My father left us when I was young - and he "cleverly" dismantled it right before he left.

The engine and transmission had also been professionally redone right before he left.

Parts and everything belonging to it sit in buckets inside - so step one was to clean it out and sort out the stuff inside.

Done.

Step two: check to see if the engine is seized.

Done: it's not - it turns.

Next ...it still has oil.

So it's worth an overhaul.

My family has been involved with lots of painful stuff surrounding these related issues and I think my mom deserves to have this jeep to drive.

Because of the memories attached to it - eventually we will look to trade it for another jeep..I guess something more practical (she's always wanted a jeep).

We're not "made of money" so I'm trying to use what I have to fix it - so i'm hoping someone here can help me put pieces together... .

Please see the pictures - please ask questions.

Thank you.

I added letters next to the big picture of all the parts to help us communicate and identify things in the photos.

I'm new to the forum - I have lots of photos. I think I've hit my upload limit. I have an online galley with lots and lots of angles including pictures of the spare parts. I'll share that link if you need more pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just picked up one myself. I don't know much about it either. I took a lot of pics of the parts and matched them up with pictures in the catalog. It helped with most of them. Maybe you can try the same. Good luck with it