Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 1960 Willys Truck 6-230

Wow man I am kind of jealous of your truck. Aussie vehicle with the blue head and everything. You got a real winner there. I though I had remembered reading something in your post before about the vin. Thanks for the reminder. I will let you know what I come up with.

G'day Ash,
    You might be interested to know that just up the road from you are a 1965 6-230 Utility Wagon and a 1965 6-230 Willys Pickup being restored simultaneously?
    I'll take some time in the next couple of days to read your posts.
    Just thought you would like to know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE :-)
    All the best,
    Ben

G-day Ben, you are probably just up the road now as I have had a house move since my last post. This jeep project now lives in Clare. Moving house has meant not much work has been done on the jeep, but there has been some progress with my mechanic friend is steadily working on the engine. Block has gone off for a re bore to 040 oversize rings and pistons.
    Regards
    Ashley

6-230 Distributor Overhaul completed....photo (2).JPG photo.jpgphoto (3).JPG

G'day Ashley,
    You really are just down the road now :-)
    The Distributor looks good.
    Got a couple of questions for you...if you don't mind.
    1.Will you be maintaining the position of the existing fuel pump? I ask for a good reason<chuckle>
    2. I believe you had work done on your diffs by someone in Adelaide...is that right? If so...can you give me their name and just what they did?
    3. I apologise for not getting back to you sooner but I have tried to configure the forum to send me emails when I post, or get a reply. I can't it to work<grrrrr>

Hope the weather is fine in Clare and not too cold?

All the best,
    Ben

G-Day Ben...the guy I got to re-assemble my diffs was Boss Automotive Engineering in Lonsdale. Graham on 83870178, I gave him the OH bearing kit and got him to put the diffs back together, he has done a couple of sets as my friend from Wilunga is doing a Truck as well. Few around when you scratch the surface.Not sure what the go with the fuel pump is ?? I have a replacement item to fit back where the old one was, is there an issue ??
    We should catch up sometime, be good to see your two vehicles. Cheers Ashley

Left hand steering knuckle and axle assembly got done today, photo.jpg A bit of progress is good, hoping to get the other side done this week. The engine block is back from the shop, has had an acid bath and re-bore to .040, pistons re-aligned and fitted onto the rods. The engine is an exciting project and I am very much looking forward to seeing that go back together and cranking it back into life.

Looks fantastic. I bet once you get the engine back in it will feel like everything is down hill from there.

It has been a busy time lately and there has been not a lot of progress on my Jeep. My mechanic mate has let me know that he has completed the Engine rebuild and I have to arrange a road trip to northern NSW to pick it up. So there has been progress without me doing much. Looking forward to getting some engine pic's to put up for you to see, cant wait to see it myself.

good to hear that you are slowly getting somewhere with the truck.
    its hard to find time to work on them when you have a full time life to keep up with as well.