Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1960 Willys Truck 6-230

003.jpgDave hit it right on the money with the agricultural finish. Here is a pic of the wonderful modification I had in mine. This is after I did some grinding and cleaning of it. I am still not happy with it. As you can see in the photo I have it taped for cutting. Ill cut out the bad parts and weld in something a bit stronger. I do have to say that one of the previous owners did a good job welding in 1/4" angle iron in front of the crossmember and welded the radiator support bracket very nicely. Once I get that done and the new engine mounts fabbed I will be taking the frame to the blasters. Not sure yet if I will powder coat. Depends on the price. I have been doing my own powder coating on the smaller parts. Have to say its pretty durable and fairly easy to do.

Yes Dave the Chassis does have reinforcing plates welded to the out side, all very Agricultural....say's it all about the Truck really.

Cal..does that steering damper actually work ???

Yeah Ash. Mostly helps with off road environment. Keeps the steering wheel from jerking out of your hands when you hit something awkward. Probably not necessary if you keep it on road unless you curb you tires alot. Never been down under but cant imagine too many curbs in your neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by 1948 Cal Willys Pickup View Post
    . Never been down under but cant imagine too many curbs in your neck of the woods.
    lol...mate. you should see the condition of some of our highways .

I'm thinking by highway you mean very well used dirt road? lol.

Some of the Dirt roads are better than the Tar.

Quote Originally Posted by 1948 Cal Willys Pickup View Post
    I'm thinking by highway you mean very well used dirt road? lol.
    i was thinking more about the "Bruce Highway"that runs past my place here. its the main road link that runs from Brisbane to Cains up the Queensland coast. it can be a shocker, especially after a good wet season.

I just got done Googling it. You are what would we say here in the states "out in the sticks". I think I saw 3 houses near the St Lawrence area. Man you dont want to break down out there. Make sure your truck is running great before you make that drive.

to save clutering up Ashley`s thread i have started another thread about "where we live"