Thread: Nice M38A1 with Radio and Snorkel

Hybrid View

Nice M38A1 with Radio and Snorkel

I saw a nice M38A1 at the Hoagland (Indiana) Days Parade today. It was complete with snorkel and radio - radio even had correct handset and was set to local ham 6-meter frequency. I'd bet it works. I couldn't find the owner to get any more details...

UPDATE; July 4th

The nice thing about going to small town Indiana car shows is that you see the same folks there. At the Monroeville, IN 4th of July Car Show today I had a chance to take a closer look at the vehicle I described above. I'm surprised some sharp eyed reader didn't tell me it was an M151A? (1,2), not an M38A1.

Third Time Is The Charm

It's an M151A2 - verified at New Haven, IN 13 July 2016, just before the monsoon blew through.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LarrBeard; 07-14-2016 at 07:16 PM.

That is so sweet. I have been thinking of gutting an old military radio and installing a modern ham radio inside.

icom 718 or icom 706 would work but it they need 12vdc have to work that out

Hi. Just seeing your post & when I saw pics, I thought, that isn't an M38 Glad to learn there were other military models. Nice looking jeep!