Thread: Saw the light on so I thought I'd stumble in and say Hi...

Saw the light on so I thought I'd stumble in and say Hi...

Morning, Folks, just got 'gifted' a '48 CJ2A.....so I figured it was time to join yet another 4x4 forum that comprises of people much more knowledgeable than me regarding these trucks. Not sure what quite to do with this olde gurl just yet..... but since she was driven down the driveway and parked for the last time in 1983.....I'm gonna start with my usual engine marinating routine, get her started then slowly go thru the drive train. I've had about thirty or so different 4x4's of various makes and models over the past forty-plus years, but this is just my second Jeep (the other one was an 80's Grand Cherokee Wagoneer that my wife absolutely LOVED.....except when the gas card bills were due). Anyways, here's some pics of what I affectionately nicknamed The Lockjaw Express yesterday after spending some time on her surveying the damage. Gonna be a fun project though, I can tell already......

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here's a few more pics. The worst damage is obviously the floor, so I've definitely got some cutting & welding in my future. Unfortunately I'm a carpenter and can't weld worth a crap, so that part needs to be subbed out. Oh well......