Thread: New guy in town

New guy in town

Howdy, I'm a fireman in NE IL, we have a 1955 Willy's pickup converted to a grass fire truck. It went o.o.s in 1986 and was restored in 1995 for the dept 50th anniversary. Now, I just keep the truck maintained and lookin purdy. I just put a new fuel pump on it. It has 9200 original miles on it. Very excited for the forum. Have some questions that need answering. Thanks, Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gramps; 08-25-2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Attached pic

Don't be shy...

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Have some questions that need answering. Thanks, Greg
    Well, go ahead - don't be shy. All you can do is stump us.

I've been trying to line up the hood on this truck, it gets hung up on the driver's side on that lip on top side. It's been like that for 20 some years and I want to make it right. Tried loosening the bolts on the hinges and moving forward with no avail. Any help greatly appreciated also put washers atop hinges to bridge the gap.... no luck!

Start Here ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    I've been trying to line up the hood on this truck, it gets hung up on the driver's side on that lip on top side. It's been like that for 20 some years and I want to make it right. Tried loosening the bolts on the hinges and moving forward with no avail. Any help greatly appreciated also put washers atop hinges to bridge the gap.... no luck!
    I've had the hood on the '48 truck blow up in my face twice - exciting. Is the hood warped? Sit it on the floor and see if it sits level. Could the hinges be bent (from a blow open)? While you have the hood off, see if the hinges are level.

These are kind of basic - you've probably done all of these, but we start with the easy things.

Good luck - let us know what you find.

Larrbeard,
    Fixed the 55. It was an adjustment on the hinges in the cab. Works great now. Thanks for all the help!

Every so often one old coot can help another! Even blind squirrels find acorns...