Hey folks, new poster here. Sorry if this has been covered, but I searched for the topic and came up short. I have a 1951 M38 that I purchased in pieces with a lot of new parts. I'm pondering converting it over from 24 volt to 12 volt. The entire instrument panel gauges (24v) are new in the box, but the rest of the electrical components are shady at best.

Question arises: Is this a good thing? Will 12 v turn over the L134 engine? I was told by the person I purchased from that I should decide whether to leave it 24v or convert to 12v before getting too far down the restoration. I'm sure I can sell the 24 v gauges since they are new in the box. So if I can/should convert to 12 v are there the things I need to convert???

Battery 12v
Battery cables
Generator & Regulator > Alternator
Instrument Panel Gauges – All (Speedometer, Ammeter, Fuel level , Water Temp, Oil Press)
Oil Pressure Sending Unit
Oil Temp Sending Unit
Fuel Level Sending Unit
Starter
Distributor
Coil
Plug Wires
Wiring Harness
Light Bulbs (Headlights, Instrument Panel bulbs, blackout headlight, blackout marker and service parking light, blackout taillight and stoplight bulb, service taillight and stoplight assy)

Did I miss anything or did I add more than is needed?

Thanks in advance!