Thread: New memeber

New memeber

Hey all new memeber here. Found myself a few Willis jeeps and I'm trying to find out what one I may get is. In the picture you can see it has a full metal top. But it also looks like it's been riveted to the frame. The squared off door makes me thing of a mail jeep but it's not a sliding door. Any clues on what it might be and if it would be worth buying? Not looking to pick up something that will be a huge headache. Thanks in advance!IMG_4359.jpg

Mystery of the Week Jeep

Wow!

It looks like a cross between a giraffe, a kangaroo and an ostrich.

But, there are some hints as to what it started out as.

1. The flat grill and recessed headlights, as well as the flat bumper, are typical of the original 1941-1945 MB/GPW WWII Jeeps.

2. The windshield probably came from something else. Flat, single piece, provision for a center mounted windshield wiper -- maybe a mail Jeep or some other special purpose vehicle.

What engine - if any - does it have? It looks like the radiator is missing. Is it 4WD?

And, oh by the way - they are all headaches but we love them anyway!

Don't really know much about it. My brother sent me pictures of it. If it's a hodgepodge of bits and pieces I think I'll pass on it. Still have two other jeeps that I'm lookin,but I am picking up a flat grill Willys wagon thats pretty much all there save for a few busted out windows.

IMG_4423.jpg

Flat-grill Willys Trucks and Wagons

The old (pre-1950) flat grill Willys-Overlands clean up pretty good. Here is my Dad's '48 2WD truck.
    Attached Images Attached Images