Thread: 1951 Willys Pick Up

Hybrid View

Old School Values

A. Yessir and Yes'maam. I was watching Wheel of Fortune last night and they were featuring Nashville,TN as a theme. All of the contestants were from the middle Tennessee area. One contestant, a high school football coach the size of a small bear, always addressed the emcee as "Sir, Yes sir and No sir" through the whole show. I'm originally from West Tennessee and we learned that courtesy early.

B. "I got my starter back yesterday." Mike/KWAS is part of those old school values. He farms out a lot of rebuild work and when you're rebuilding 70-year old stuff it doesn't always turn out right the first time, but Mike does his best to make it right. And, that goes for other folks in the Jeep communityas well.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    A. Yessir and Yes'maam. I was watching Wheel of Fortune last night and they were featuring Nashville,TN as a theme. All of the contestants were from the middle Tennessee area. One contestant, a high school football coach the size of a small bear, always addressed the emcee as "Sir, Yes sir and No sir" through the whole show. I'm originally from West Tennessee and we learned that courtesy early.

B. "I got my starter back yesterday." Mike/KWAS is part of those old school values. He farms out a lot of rebuild work and when you're rebuilding 70-year old stuff it doesn't always turn out right the first time, but Mike does his best to make it right. And, that goes for other folks in the Jeep communityas well.
    I've talked to Mike several times and he's never steered me wrong. I think I've already mentioned if this starter still won't turn it over fast enough then I'm going to convert it to 12volt. It might just be that it's a little to tight for 6volt.
    It was board out to .80. I had to buy oversize pistons. Even though I wanted to keep it 6volt it doesn't bother me to switch it.