Thread: I have a '53 Willy's truck.

I have a '53 Willy's truck.

I want to go from the ground up. But I have a problem. The truck has what I think is a flathead 6 Chrysler engine. I also have a frame with a hurricane 6 in it. Do I go with the last running engine, which is the Chrysler. Or do I just see if the Hurricane is rebuild able and put that in. The Chrysler has what I think is a date stamp of 04/29/49. And the previous owner clipped the frame so it would fit. It ran until he parked it years ago. The engine with the Hurricane has never been run since he owned it. I have removed the Chrysler engine since it's frozen from time. After taking it apart just by looking it doesn't look bad just a lot of neglect and rust. Two frozen Pistons but I'm sure they will break before long. And any suggestions on how to get the valve springs out would be great. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I'd go with the Hurricane 6. Either engine is a rebuild, so things are about even there.

As you get further into the job, the Willys engine will take less ingenuity with parts and match ups.

Quote Originally Posted by larrbeard View Post
    i'd go with the hurricane 6. Either engine is a rebuild, so things are about even there.

As you get further into the job, the willys engine will take less ingenuity with parts and match ups.
    willys willys willys..........