Hello everyone! This is my first time to the forum, and any forum for that matter. Normally I can get by with some YouTube videos and a manual with my Jeep JK, but I need some help on this one. This is my first old car that I'm attempting to work on. Now to the fun stuff ... I have a 1942 (I think) Willys GPW (I think) with either a '69 or '70 Boss 302 Mustang engine in it.

First question: I currently have a T18 transfer case with Dana adapter, a blown overdrive, and a transmission in pieces in a cardboard box. I have come across a T90 transmission ,M-18 transfer case and warn overdrive with Chevy V-8 adapter all put together. I'm thinking it would be a lot easier to drop that whole system in instead of trying to piece what I have back together. Are these parts compatible? Could I swap the bell housing for the 302 onto the new transfer case?

Thanks guys! I also have a unique bantam style Willys trailer that I tested my restoration skills on first before the Willys if anyone is interested in pictures.