Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 63 Willys Wagon refresh

Sure hope you get it done in time for the Toledo Jeep Fest gm,It will be a close battle between you, Larry, and Bob, then if Ira decides to make it who knows who will walk away with a Trophy!!!!

We had to repair the steering wheel on the '48, but it didn't stay fixed, another ongoing project.

I kept the original flat horn button/ring/whatever and it didn't match the newer wheel, so there is a barnyard fix with 10-32 screws to mount the horn button.

JB Weld will mend most anything except a broken heart and the crack of dawn - it has held the upper ramrod ring on my muzzleloader for about 6 or 7 deer so far.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    We had to repair the steering wheel on the '48, but it didn't stay fixed, another ongoing project.

I kept the original flat horn button/ring/whatever and it didn't match the newer wheel, so there is a barnyard fix with 10-32 screws to mount the horn button.

JB Weld will mend most anything except a broken heart and the crack of dawn - it has held the upper ramrod ring on my muzzleloader for about 6 or 7 deer so far.
    That is Hilarious about JB Weld

It worked wonders repairing a rusted out place in the bottom of the oil bath air cleaner on my project.

To make Toledo this year, I would have to bring the 2A.... Not a prize winner, more like a poster child for getting a tetanus shot, but it is trusty. It'll be a while on the wagon.

LarrBeard is a poet.

Nope ...

"LarrBeard is a poet."

You'd never guess it, he isn't a Longfellow .. yuk> yech

More like Edgar Allen Poe. Nevermore.

No trophy's at the Jeep Fest. It's all about the gathering of Willys vehicles and Jeeps, lots of Jeeps.

Be careful with LarrBeard, he fired a heavy across the bow in a prior post. Something about "pay back". Stay out of the water!

True. His aim is pretty true.

Where we at in the refresh? Finished? You might appreciate this. So I'm reading your encyclopedia chapters on here, find one, dig in, ok. cool. next one. I get to this thread and I see that steering wheel again and I was ready to reply even though I'm just browsing, but you know what? Thats the only thing I replied to originally. And I'm still interested. Was that steering wheel too ugmo or did it fail? Why need replaced? Was the new one different so much the vintage horn button would not fit? What'd you end up with for steering wheel?