Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 82 of 82

Thread: 63 Willys Wagon refresh

  1. #81
    Super Moderator gmwillys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,681
    All is well on the upper east side. It rained pretty heavy, but the wind wasn't too bad. The latest count was 23 souls lost to include small children. They had less than 10 minutes of warning, but most were lost within their interior rooms. Most of the houses were wiped clean off the foundation. Most houses do not have basements. Either they are built on a slab or elevated on a crawl space.
    We had a slightly smaller tornado go through last March, and destroyed most of Jacksonville State University. We are butted up against the mountain, and storms usually divide and go around us. The one last March went up and over the mountain just a few miles down the ridge. The prevailing wind path is out of the Southeast, going to the Northeast. That storm came out of the Northwest to the Southeast.

  2. #82
    Super Moderator gmwillys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,681
    Yesterday, I had some time to start on starting the driver's side floor. I took the old floor and cut out the insert that fits under the tool box, to aid in the layout process. I'm still convinced that I can make my own floor board, so a blank was cut from a sheet of 18 gauge. After the blank was cut, the original floor board was used to help form the blank around the door edge. In full disclosure, I did screw up the measurements. I cut the blank to match the floor board, but neglected to read my notes or double check the measurements of the empty space on the body. In short, (no pun intended) the blank is 3" short. Not a big deal, but I was intending to make the repair in a single piece. I had forgotten that I had decided to cut three inches beyond the floor piece in the front to get rid of some more cancer, and even jotted the change down. Measure once and cut twice.... There are some complex bends that will need to be made for around the tunnel and around the throttle pedal that will have to be made in separate pieces. I've come to the realization that I need to invest in a shot bag and a variety of hammers to work on making complex shapes. An English wheel would be nice as well, but shop space is a premium as it is now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 04-01-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •