Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Claude---1960 Willys Jeep Wagon

I concur that Kaiser Willys has everything that you need to rehab your wagon. The prices are good, and the quality is superb. The sheet metal repair panels are American made, and fit just right.

A panhard bar or a Watts link are both more suited for a four link, and coil spring rear suspension. They both act as a centering bar for the rear end, because the four link allows some side to side movement, through the heims joints. Both links can be used on a leaf spring suspension, but the Watts link would work more efficiently in reducing sway. The panhard bar is mostly used on circle track cars, because the chassis mounts are determined by which direction the car turns the most, i.e. turn left, and the solid mount is on the left side, in order to keep the rear end from shifting to the left. Adjusting the panhard bar up or down within the solid mount is mainly done to work on over or under steer. The Watts link would act more closely to a sway bar, in terms that it would apply pressure to both mounting points to reduce the body roll when cornering. The Watts link also works the same in either direction of vehicle travel. The same principle could be applied to the front axle, but with the steering being in front and the offset of the differential, you are limited on options to fabricate a center point for a Watts set up. A sway bar would be more practical, in my opinion.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...6JAh359gzvTEnA

Is your son still doing upholstery?