Thread: Color ID

Color ID

Hello all,
    Looking for help ID-ing this Willy's original color.
    From the ID tag, this appears to be a 1949 Farm model, provided it has a PTO.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Willys was the worst about serial number tracking. It is a near impossible to determine the line setting ticket, because it is non existent. On my 46 CJ2A, I sanded down six layers of paint to discover that the original color was Normandy blue. The wheels were not original, so the wheel color is lost to history.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Willys was the worst about serial number tracking. It is a near impossible to determine the line setting ticket, because it is non existent. On my 46 CJ2A, I sanded down six layers of paint to discover that the original color was Normandy blue. The wheels were not original, so the wheel color is lost to history.
    Thanks gmwillys! I'm almost certain this is factory color. Based on the patina, I'm having a hard time determining the factory color.
    Is it Normandy Blue, Harbor Blue, Pacific Blue??

According to the CJ2a forum, there is only one blue for a 46-49 CJ2A. Normandy blue. I found other Willys blues for that time frame, but was for Willys Aero cars, trucks, and Jeepsters.

https://www.thecj2apage.com/paint.html

According to the CJ2A forum, and the CJ3A forum, there is only one color of blue for 46 through 49 CJs. Normandy Blue. Walcks Jeep also confirms this on their page. The other blues were paint options for Willys vehicles, i.e. cars and some wagons.

According to the CJ2A forum, and the CJ3A forum, there is only one color of blue for 46 through 49 CJs. Normandy Blue. Another Jeep parts supply also confirms this on their page. The other blues were paint options for Willys vehicles, i.e. cars and some wagons.

According to the CJ2A forum, and the CJ3A forum, there is only one color of blue for 46 through 49 CJs. Normandy Blue. Another Jeep parts supply also confirms this on their page. The other blues were paint options for Willys vehicles, i.e. cars and some wagons.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Perfect! That's the color I felt it was closest too.

The other blues I mentioned I found here under-
    "Paint Colors Offered by Willys-Overland from 1948-49*"

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/about_w..._history_specs

Willys Overland was an interesting company. They didn't keep descent records, and they were not consistent throughout their product lines. What was available in one product line, (paint choices) was not available in others.