Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1960 Sedan Delivery

Good advice gm, I'm happy to be in the middle of this. So many new things to get into.
    I'm thinking about linex for the front floor but to keep the wood slat/painted floor what about some underbody coating? Then possibly linex the ceiling before the headliner goes in. Hushmat or dynamat the sides and rear doors before the panels go in.
    LarrBeard your truck is just right. Really like the colors. I have a '49 F1 pickup that is similar in appearance.
    Last edited by Dirt Dobber; 12-05-2017 at 06:48 PM.

The great thing about linex is that it will act as a sound deadener also. It can be sprayed to the underside of body. This will allow for you to keep the original appearance to the interior. Just ensure that you remove any screws that protrude to the outside, (if you ever want to remove the screw again). I would compare the costs between the hush mat / dynamat to the cost of using linex on the ceiling and side walls. Since you are already in the interior paint process, maybe the body shop will cut you a deal to spray in the linex. The linex can be tinted to compliment the color of the exterior.

I had the bottom of the '48 undersprayed with a liner (black) and we tinted a liner to match the body color for the bed. (Truck bed is metal - and we were able to patch the original). The liner covered the welds where we patched rust on spot welded places.

The color of the '48 is the original color, Tunisian Red. We found a sample of the original paint under a headlight bucket mounting bracket and the wives agreed that Tunisian Red matched the original. Guys can't figure out colors ....

As Ira said - we don't match sock colors - we don't even match socks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My current wife has me pick out the color matches, she tells me what the color is exactly. I can't determine oranges from reds, so she keeps me in check there. If she had her way, everything in the house would be hugger orange, or a shade of it in each room.