Thread: T90 Trans

Smile T90 Trans

I have a 1963 cj5 and I think second gear is gone, I'm still going to use it this winter for plowing because I still can use 1st and 2nd. But I got a t90 trans from a friend but it needs to be totally rebuild lots of rust. It says 12-2 on the side of case but no year, does anyone no the year? Buy the way I tried a mixture of automatic transmission fluid and acetone half and half, got it off the web it works for rust.

Does the transmission fall out of 2nd gear when letting off the throttle, or does it not seem to have anything there at all?

Thanks for reply, it did fall out of second, but now I can't get it in second or third gear it locks up. I have torn down the donor trans that I was given and it doesn't have a 3rd gear synchronizer. were all these trans the same? I don't know what year the trans is.

There was little to no changes in the T90 transmissions. There is no synchronizer for first gear, just one for second to third. If I were a betting man, I would look at the synchronizer shift plates, item four on the diagram bellow.
    https://www.kaiserwillys.com/diagram...shaft-assembly