Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana 44

Dana 44

Front, rear and dana 20 what a deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm impressed. You've done well! A little clean up, and you'll be on your way.

? Is there anyone out there that can make a transmission tunnel because someone has welded a rectangle piece against the fire wall and gutted the tunnel for that what looks to be a T10 4spd. It shifted just fine but as soon as I get a T18 it and the d18 case is coming out and will be for sale along with the Dana 27 front and I an not sure rear axel.

The tunnel on the wagon isn't too hard to fabricate. There are not any real tough bends to make. The stock size sheet metal is 18 gauge, and it conforms easily to the shape, with out a lot of dolly work. Too bad you weren't a bit closer, we could have it made up in an afternoon. As soon as I get some time, I'm going to start replacing the driver's side floor in mine. My tunnel is in good shape, so we could use it as a reference.

Sounds good,even a picture would be like getting another Christmas present, lol I have to replace my floor and rocker panels as well, came from a salt area side panels also but it will be worth it. If you know of anyone that is in need of the trans,case,front and rear end give me a holler.

Today was the first day in a while that I have been home during the day light hours. I'll try and remember to shoot some pictures to satisfy your needs.

What are you looking to get out of the axles and T case?

Knot sure,but it will be after i get the 44s ready and installed,I am looking at about at least april-may and with the way things always go prob. June-july. Right now I am having fits trying to get the rear side windows out, apparently they were leaking and someone put some what looks like roofing tar on them and they are stuck.

I've owned the wagon since the late eighties, it has always been a Work in progress. It spent 15 years in a barn. Any progress is forward progress.

From the looks of your transmission tunnel, you have the majority of what you are supposed to have. The left (driver side) is relived enough for the side loader transmission and shifter. Looks like your transmission cover itself isn't in too bad of shape. I attached some pictures of the current Wagon build, and of a M38A1 that I worked on a few years back. The floor on it was all but completely gone.