Thread: front drums

front drums

Hi, I need to do the front brakes on my CJ2A. It looks like I'll need to pull the bolts from the lock out hubs and go in from there. Is there anything I should know before starting this project?

Thanks, Kerry

Well that was about the easiest automotive brake job I've ever done. SIMPLICITY RULES!! I just wish I had known the wheel cylinders were the same as the 58 Harley. I would of fitted the larger 63 Harley clyinders and gotten a stronger front brake. Guess I can allways go back and do that later.

good to hear you got the job done.

one thing about the old cars is that they often seem to have used common parts. just working out which others they were common with is the hard part. i never would have thought of willys and harley having the same brake parts.

Was there any unusual quirks in the brake job? Getting ready to do mine.

Some old AF mechanic told me a common upgrade to the Willys was to use brake cylinders from a Buick.

So far I've found everything on working on a Willys super easy compared to other vehicles. Not that I'm wishing for more mechanical work, but I am looking forward to thy simplicity.