Page 78 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

My Bad
    That may have been a Blessing in disguise!!!

Is it bad that I just made a drink before reading this? Nope, I think I need several more.

The carpet looks great!
    Last edited by gmwillys; 08-28-2020 at 05:51 PM.

I’m thinking I need to get some pictures in to AmyB b4 I run out of time. I picked the Ole Girl up tonight and she’s all dressed up with no place to go.

Willys Americar - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willys_Americar

The Willys Americar was a line of automobiles produced by Willys-Overland Motors from 1937 to 1942, either as a sedan, coupe, station wagon or pickup truck. The coupe version is a very popular hot rod choice, either as a donor car or as a fiberglass mode

Can't wait till we can go to some car shows now that I got her back from the upholstery shop with the new carpet, tonneau cover and bimini top.

IMG_0176.jpgIMG_0178 (2).jpgIMG_0182.jpgIMG_0183.jpgIMG_0181.jpg

Just plain awesome TJ! And a sweet motor hiding under the hood. Ready for the shows and parades for sure. Now what are you going to do with your spare time?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Just plain awesome TJ! And a sweet motor hiding under the hood. Ready for the shows and parades for sure. Now what are you going to do with your spare time?
    Thanks Bob, I have the R. Front fender and hood off today and the body shop is going to paint the underside of the hood because it was just powdercoated and Greg the painter didn't like the way it looked and the fender must of got dropped at the body shop because it has a big star in the paint on the top of it and he didn't like that either so they are going to repaint them both.
    And on another little hiccup, the Sniper is acting up for some reason. All of a sudden last weekend it started missing bad at 2,500 RPM when you go to shift into 3rd gear so I took it to Pro Car and Chris put it on his laptop and it has a injector that isn't working so he is going to call Holley and maybe send it back and have them go through it.
    I guess they have been having problems with the Snipers, mostly with the ignition messing with the computer and the timing.
    What ever it is Holley will make it right even if they have to send us a new one, I hate that we may have to go back to the Ole Reliable and put a carburetor on it that would be a lot of replumbing of the fuel lines,fuel pump regulator and a whole bunch of other stuff that is going to be a B^$_h to do with it all put together.
    So I guess we'll see what they say.
    Last edited by TJones; 08-30-2020 at 06:49 AM.

And just to think - we knew her back in April '18 when she was just a bare chassis on some work stands.

Great Job!!!!

Labors of love Larry! Wow time flies.

TJ, I have see some timing problems with an FI tech setup that needed to be tweaked when running with various other electronics. In the end injection is sweet.

That is a beauty! Great job!