Thread: New to the Forum

Threaded View

We’ll back to Summit for a water pump.
    Some idiot cut the alignment pin off the front of the water pump,why???who knows???
    I do know 1 thing it’s IMPOSSIBLE to put the pulley,spacer and blade on then try to line 4 screws on to hold it with out taking the grill out then the radiator !!!
    Sooooo after 2 hours of jerking with that and getting it all together with a 1” spacer we find out the fan is only 1/8 of an inch from the bottom radiator tank, much to close if the motor even coughs.
    Soooo while I have it out a new water pump WITH the alignment pin sticking out the front JIC it ever needs replaced by the Grand Kids one day 15 years down the road
    Another reason to replace it (with a 1/2” spacer) is bc when we ran it the pulley wobbled a little and with that “buzz saw” of a blade we put on it may take the bearing out one day (sooner that later) and that would be ugly and it’s wide open right now.
    I did talk to a guy last night that wants to horse trade a custom built aluminum shroud for some fill dirt at his house!!!!
    If it needs one after we get it all together...
    Last edited by TJones; 06-30-2020 at 04:18 AM.