Page 59 of 109 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    There is some butchery that has been done on the tool box under the passenger seat of the 3B, but still a solid looking rig. The CJ5 is no slouch either. Very clean, and would tend to think that the millage is accurate.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...0&acctid=13812

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...1&acctid=13812
    I was thinking about another project but mine has almost kicked my arse for now

Really nice work TJ! Almost ready for the show. You do need to get that in the next Detroit Autorama.

That is really pretty. I'll bet you could sell the heck out of those steps, but you probably have too much time in them to make any money.

Do you have a drop-in harness or are you (or your buddy) going to do point-to-point wiring?

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Do you have a drop-in harness or are you (or your buddy) going to do point-to-point wiring?

Yes Sir I bought a drop in from Painless Performance for a CJ5 so it should work out pretty slick.

As far as Autorama goes Bob they would pick it apart in Detroit, those cars are flawless that enter and the “Hawk Eye Disease” sees all the flaws in this one

Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
    That is really pretty. I'll bet you could sell the heck out of those steps, but you probably have too much time in them to make any money.
    You are exactly right okiemark on the time spent to make any money, but if you figure at $1.80/hour maybe not

Oh how you doubt your ability. The Autorama isn't a "Judged" show. It's about "ooh's an ahhh's" from a crowd of auto enthusiasts. I attended this years and I can tell you, your Jeep will get "ooh's and ahh's" I am positive it will fit right in.

I stand behind perfectionist part of the nick name.

OOOh;sand Ahhh's

[QUOTE=bmorgil;11790 ... I can tell you, your Jeep will get "ooh's and ahh's" ... [/QUOTE]

There will be enough people who want to stop and talk to you about your Jeep that you will find yourself on your feet all day long telling people the stories about what it looked like when you got it, that junker engine, how you traded shelves for a rebuild, the dyno test, and then all the oh-by-the-ways about parts and getting them to fit.

"Wow, I never say steps like those ..."

There will be GTOs', 442's, custom Vettes, SS'es, Mustangs out the gazoo until they're Booring; then there is the ONE Tangerine Machine that will gather the crowd because there's nothin' else anything like it!

And all those cute grandmas will want to take a ride in that hot little orange Jeep - it's a chick magnet 40 years too late.

(See, I'm trying to talk him into it too ...)