Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1958 CJ5 back online

1958 CJ5 back online

hello everyone

i'm back online, i guess when the site went down all my data was lost as well. i had to re register to be able to log back in. so reloading my info. i'm not going to re tell my story those who read may remember. try to upload more pics here soon. however, since i was last on here i was approached about buying another cj5, 55 i think. its another project vehicle, sitting in field for awhile. i think the jeep fever is winning i may take this on. lol. this project may be more involved than the last so probably be bugging people more on the forum. still in talk phase but I've considered asking a young man who is taking automotive classes at the career center. this may be an opportunity for him to take parts in for a class project and give him some experience and a taste if this is the field he wants to enter, and i get to play with another jeep. this one may not be totally stock, they started to upgrade some mods but got pushed aside. so if this young man joins in would do a 50/50 and give him say in some choices, with in reason of course. see what happens and heads up i may be asking questions.

so i was just introducing myself again since data loss and let anyone know if cant log in will need to register again.
    Scott

Wow Scott! you are the most affected so far. We really had a blow up. I am communicating with the Administrators. They are trying to figure it out. What a shame. Well we will carry on. I remember your threads and posts we shared. You became a member long ago I thought? You are the first I have heard about who had to re register. When did you first join?

I hope you get that young man involved. When he is in his 60's there will be very few with his knowledge. Basic mechanics who know why the old stuff works is getting rare.

i just joined the beginning of September this year. Looking at post it seems anything after August 29 was lost, i may have fell into that. Yes i had to redo my profile and pics, basically start over. think i got it all good now. I was the one who got grandmas jeep after she retired it from racing and made me promise not to modify it up. And stuck to my promise.

Yes it would be nice to get him involved. Get him off Xbox and involved in real life and skills. He is very excited about idea, kinda of bugging me a bit but that's a good thing. this just fell in my lap so the timing may be perfect. funny how life works.

So hope things get fixed with the forum, still acting a little funny but not sure if its on my end.

Oh Scott, that explains it. You are in the dates when the EMP hit!

So glad you reminded of your story, I do remember Racin' Grandma! I think we discussed you needed to write that story down and keep it with the jeep. It would be great if you could submit a few photo's to the KW photo's for the catalog. It is a good chance to get the story in a more permanent format. We have lost things on the forum before. As reliable as the internet seems to be, I can clearly remember when we backed up the back ups and then backed it all up on tape drives! Be sure to send your story and some photos of you and the newest mechanic to the KW catalog. All kinds of great photos get in there.

https://blog.kaiserwillys.com/willys-fall-photo-contest

Yes I will do that...

Great pictures Scott, Grammy should be proud you kept your promise!!!

Hey Scott, same thing happened one time. Learned to keep my posts in a separate doc. Funny thing, only certain ones seem worth keeping and reposting. Really looking forward to your progress and storyline!

So with nice weather today and done working on jeep I finally get time to drive it around and enjoy it. But I've discovered this is becoming a social event. Every stop in town it draws attention and a guaranteed conversation. I'm glad to share and answer questions but wow its become quite the ordeal.... hard to get out and shift gears with everyone wanting to talk to me about it. Dont get me wrong I'm proud of her and love to share the story but I wanna drive her too. Lol. My fine lady looked over to me at one point and said, " I'm kinda honored to be riding in your jeep right now, makes me proud. " yes I swelled up with pride and thanked her for the statement, then said let's go find a country road and enjoy the ride. I'm sharing this cause its something I did not expect or anticipate this kind of attention. It's cool, but caught me off guard. Makes me even more glad I took on this project saw it through and completed it. Just thought I would share my experience since I've taken the jeep out of the garage. So many people are really hyped up about jeeps. Even learned there's a jeep wave.. lol hope everyone else who owns a jeep has experienced the same..... like a proud papa moment.
    Btw.. yes I do wanna write and submit my story on the jeep. Just haven't got that far and still trying to find pics of grandma in her racing helmet. Working on that and I will submit a story soon. Something I've wanted to do from beginning. Will happen soon.

Scott,
    If you PM me your grandmas name and maybe some pictures of her racing days a buddy of mine has folders upon folders of pictures of the old racing days and he may have some pictures of her back in her glory days.
    He was the president of our club (Tire Town 4Wheelers)