Page 12 of 109 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

I sometimes have random thoughts like that. I know when the long suffering Misses rides with, she has to hold on to her purse. Since our 2A has a tool box and lid, I was trying to engineer a weatherproof vault to put valuables within to be secure. It hasn't gone beyond the drawing board, since the 2A isn't in line for any work to be done, except maintenance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3559
    The Bride said it was her day and not the Jeeps so she had me build a set of steps so our 140 lb rottie could get up in the bed with us
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TJones; 12-29-2018 at 06:17 PM.

I know the situation. I've spent the last three days building a riser for the washer and dryer. This is a snowball effect because I built one for the step daughter for Christmas, so the long suffering made the statement that it would be nice to have since we had planned to put down new flooring while I'm off. So today the riser was finished, so tomorrow starts the floor. Hopefully by the end of the week all the household projects will be completed, so I can get back to the heep..... Wishful thinking because just as soon as I uncover the welder, something breaks here or at the monster in law's.
    Your rottie is a good looking dog. We have three and a stray. One was a flea market freebie. She is a hienz 57 as far as breed, and is the garage dog. The second one is a lab walker hound mix, and she is stupid. She will stand out in the rain, for no apparent reason. The third is my buddy. She is a pure bread German Shepherd. She is the protector of everything. Nothing goes without her knowing first. The last puppy is a pit bull mix, that isn't very bright. She was dumped off, and is still in search of her forever home.

I understand perfectly, the Bride has completely ruined 4 very good dogs,our rot, a australian Shepard, a lab and a pit bull hienz mix so I understand your pain. We have the aussie and the pit bull mix at the shop and the lab and chubby at the the house and for the life of me I think if she had to make a choice I’d be GONE!!!
    I love them all but if someone would ever break into the house or shop and she was there it would be a blood bath when I came back and Mom would say I’m not sure what happened. 2D20BCCF-A7B1-4931-A9DF-B35C1D220AB7.jpg6E4E25FE-AAB6-454E-AC98-D9465851A90C.jpg88C822BB-9FBF-463C-BD2A-824DC55DC337.jpgB334E723-7E68-4A22-B40C-D810FA60925F.jpg
    Last edited by TJones; 12-29-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Digger the Aussie
    Dozer the Pit Mix
    Harley the lab
    And Bella the Fat So Rottie

Everyone is scared of the Shepard, but the one that is the most unpredictable is the oldest dog. She bares her teeth if anyone comes to the garage door. She is good if she knows you, but angry if she doesn't. This happened after she was spayed. Must be a hormone deficiency.

The same with Bella the rot, she’ll be 4 in March and Harley is 9 she owns all the toys,the treats,the beds,the house and both owners. She rattles the windows if someone cuts through the yard or knocks on the door.
    But like I said Mom has ruined them all by spoiling them, Bella is intimidating bc of her size but I don’t think any of them would bite anyone except Dozer at the shop, but maybe not if she was home alone and someone broke in.
    The other 1 at the shop, (we had to put the Aussie to sleep last year)has full range of a 12,000 sf dog house. He’s only 45 lbs but has the bark of a 145 lb dog and is VERY racist the neighbors call him NED. The N^**eR Eating Dog. Someone tried to kick in the rear door one night last year and when they got in they left in a hurry leaving behind their tools and a big section of their pant leg and one tennis shoe that were both covered in blood so needless to say the shop is safe.
    Last edited by TJones; 12-30-2018 at 05:44 AM.

I worked for a guy during high school, at his salvage yard. He had a rottie who was every bit of 200 lbs. He rode with on every tow call and reposition. Nobody would approach the truck, just because he was in there. He wouldn't bite a hot biscuit, but looked very intimidating. He stayed in the tow in lot with a nice heated dog house. Nobody bothered the cars in the lot. The only problem was that he didn't like Volkswagen nettle tires. It was learned that if one was towed in, it had to be put in the other lot. The crazy dog would bite through all four tires. We couldn't figure out if it was the narrow width of the tires, or the noise the car made with the air-cooled engine.

Happy New Years guys and Girls!!!
    This is us at 9-9:30 on amateur night for the last 8-10 years02E5B717-CD62-4569-8AC2-644A0247D41F.jpg

Change the TV to individual tablets, then I would think it was our living room. Archie and Edith in for the night.