Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1082

Thread: New to the Forum

I know where there is some southern property for sale, for not a lot of money. We had snow flakes Saturday night, but that's it, then some rain.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Did you keep one little front end loader out of the old shop to clear snow?
    No I didn't Larry, kinda wished I would have after that little snowstorm

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I know where there is some southern property for sale, for not a lot of money. We had snow flakes Saturday night, but that's it, then some rain.
    Trust me GM if it weren't for taking care of her parents we would of already moved south somewhere!!!

But, you will miss the change of seasons!

We have plenty of season changes. SEC football season and warm weather. You might get a little snow from time to time that shuts down everything, but most of the year it isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    We have plenty of season changes. SEC football season and warm weather. You might get a little snow from time to time that shuts down everything, but most of the year it isn't too bad.
    That’s no lie about shutting everything down
    I remember taking my grand father to Tuscaloosa to see his sisters and 1 year it snowed 1” and everybody panicked and said we got to stay home the roads are impassable

A little snow doesn’t shut much down in east central Oklahoma except schools. A forecast of snow or ice is enough to cancel school here. I see an average of one car or truck in the ditch every mile if I go out when it is slick here. I grew up in Nebraska when it still snowed and stayed cold there and the military gave me the opportunity to gain more experience winter driving in mountains, Korea and Alaska. I try not to go out when it is slick. Not because it is slick but because I know the lack of respect for the slick other drivers have in this area.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

Oh you are so right there Jeff about the drivers out with a tremendous lack of respect for slick and snow, we have a lot of those drivers here in NE Ohio!!!

It never stops amazing me how some drivers think if they can go, they can turn and stop at any speed.

Everyone pretty much stays off the roads around here, but don't go to the store if sleet or snow are mentioned in the forecast. There will be no loaf bread or milk at the grocery store. All this time of living here, and I still have yet to find someone who can explain why. Milk sandwiches?