Thread: New to the Forum

Threaded View

New to the Forum

Hi All
    I am in the middle of rebuilding a 1952 M38 for a show vehicle and I have seen older bodies that didn't have a tailgate on them, they just had a solid piece of steel across the back in lieu of a tailgate.
    Does anyone know the year and model of that paticular one I am talking about and will it fit onto my frame?
    This was a barn find for $150.00.
    It had a Buick 225 odd-fire that I took out and I'm going to replace it with a 252 even-fire that is getting built by a local engine builder.
    Someone put power steering on it and a Warn overdrive to help compensate for the 538 gears it came with.
    I just finished putting 11" brakes off a 64 Jeep Pickup to help the Ole girl get stopped better than the factory 9" brakes.
    It has turned into a long project but I have made up my mind to do it right or dont do it at all.
    As soon as the motor is finished I can start moving forward on installing the body and hopefully have it finished up by the time summer gets here to northeast Ohio.
    I just hope and pray if my wife wants to ever sell it one day after I am gone that she doesn't sell it for "What I have been telling her it is costing"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TJones; 04-09-2018 at 01:50 PM.