Page 29 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

TJones, I had to add to our leak down conversation. At the National Tractor Pulls yesterday, I was speaking with a a good friend of mine that I used to work with. An outstanding engineer and 12 time National Tractor pulling Champion. He had just finished pulling the day before. We started talking ring seal on a motor that just took a first.

With nearly a 5 inch bore and gaped rings, on a fresh valve job, he was getting under 5%! I cannot tell you much about the work that went into the cylinder, ring and honing (secret stuff ya know). Needless to say it is significant, However that is a huge bore to get that result with gaped rings. The thing that was significant in our conversation was the motor was getting better as it pulled hard. After several runs it was approaching numbers less than 4%.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 08-18-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Well Guys Saturday was not a good day at the Jones' house
    Chris at Pro Car called me and said you better come down and take a look at your engine, when I got there he had pulled it off the Dyno and had it all tore apart only to find that the "Remanufactured Engine" I supposedly bought from Fraser Engine Rebuilders in Michigan looked like it had 200,000 miles on it......
    It had the wrong pistons in it,the bearings were shot, the cam was so tight we couldn't even turn it by hand and had a hell of a time even getting it out.
    So I am back to square one.IMG_0719.jpgIMG_0716.jpgIMG_0717.jpgIMG_0713.jpgIMG_0722.jpg

From last week:

" I called Fraser in Michigan and they told me it was out of warranty. "

I have to ask myself, as well as the rebuilder, just what does "Out of Warranty" have to do with a job done this badly?

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    From last week:

" I called Fraser in Michigan and they told me it was out of warranty. "

I have to ask myself, as well as the rebuilder, just what does "Out of Warranty" have to do with a job done this badly?
    I agree LarrBeard
    And the simple fact that it has a total of 25 minutes running since I took it out of the crate.

Wow TJ! They sold that as a rebuilt motor? That is as shady as it gets. That dyno just saved you a serious heart ache. It's to bad they are far away. A trip to small claims court would get their attention.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 08-19-2019 at 01:33 PM.

For almost $3,000.00 I will drive 125 miles to Michigan if they don’t make it right!!!

I would put it on a pallet and bring it back, Warranty or not, clearly a misrepresentation. That looks like someone tore down an old motor, ran a hand hone through it, and threw in some rings. Some big alignment issues on the bearings.

The owner called me this afternoon and said “it sucks to be you” but your warranty on that motor was only good for 1 year and you bought it June 12th 2017, he said I don’t know how long you’ve ran it and this is the end of our conversation and hung up.

WOW! So they figured take an old motor, cut the pistons out, clean it up and give it a one year warranty. Hoping you would make it a year on that lousy example of a re-manufactured engine. Bold bastards. Well I guess they aren't interested in word of mouth business.

A blessing in disguise. It is a good core. It ran and appears to be able to go oversize on the bores. Put it together like you want. Cam it and compress it to your application. Select your components and dyno it again. At least you will never have to guess whats in the motor.