Page 86 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

TJ your as bad as I am. Snow just melted, can't sit still!

Way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    TJ your as bad as I am. Snow just melted, can't sit still!
    Nope, Sun was blazing but it was a brisk 28 in NE Ohio but I went for a tour!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Way to go!
    Thanks 5AZ

Yeah the original felt seal on the input is aggravating for drips. After servicing the trans and transfer case with moderatly descent Royal Purple gear lube, and adding the prescribed amount as called out in the shop manual.... Every time the Heep is parked it leaves it's mark of a purple puddle. At least I know that there is plenty of gear dope in the case, much like an old Harley.

You really have to wonder about the original design. Overfill protection? Automatic input shaft spline lubricator? A real surprise if you ever park it on a steep incline with the grill downhill!

Funny thing is, it won't leak when parked. It just puddles while running. It is like the oil keeper or oil vanes for a lack of a better term are turned the wrong direction.... Pushing oil out, instead of pulling it back in to the case. Stranger things have been known to happen. It's not enough to warrant ripping out the transmission to fix, unless something else needs attention. Just keep a chunk of cardboard under to catch the residual from a day of running. When parked nose down, it doesn't leak any more than when parked on the flat. The quirks of a 75 year old Heep.

Spring has Sprung

"The quirks of a 75 year old Heep."

I peeled the mummy wrap off the '48 today and took it for a ride around the section. In Indiana roads are wrapped around each section of land (1 square mile; 640 acres) so if you go around the section, you get close to a four mile trip. When I put it away last Fall, it had a drip from the pinion. Would it drip today - noooo. It's either low on oil or it's waiting for me to get more than a mile from the house to drip again.

The neighbor had his 71 GTO convertible out as well, but he got about a quarter mile from his house and it quit. No fuel pressure to the injectors. It's a really nice restoration/soup-up with a blower and all kinds of fancy stuff.

I offered to have the '48 Jeep with the F-134 pull the blown and injected '71 GTO back home, but he declined - he'd go get his wife and 4-wheeler.

Oh the shame ... I'd hate folks to see me with a GTO following me!

Towing that would have been postcard worthy! How funny. I also see lots of restos out and about here too. Not any real jeeps, mostly 70s pickups, few earlier, and 70s hot rods. If I see a willy's I'll post it up.

Have any of you guys ever got on www.bringatrailer.com??
    A friend of mine said I should post my bike on here, there are trucks,Broncos, blazers and such being sold for STUPID money.
    Last edited by TJones; 03-09-2021 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Forgot to add being sold��*♂️