Page 76 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Wow... to the right guy, lots of parts there for at least two different vehicles. The Jeepster looks to be pretty complete and original. Two different projects there. A parts sale and a nice base for a restore. I see some big asking prices for restored ones but, no sales. You should read this first. All said, totally cool!

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-pr...-keeping-pace/

'50 Jeepster

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I would go up to $5,000 with all the extra parts. Looks solid from the photos.

Then drive it by the neighbor's house.... Every day.
    I'd maybe go $6K - it looks like the metal is good - at least not any corners knocked off from hitting the garage. It does have the 6-cylinder engine and with the overdrive, it should be fairly peppy on the road. The convertible frame seems pretty good as well - that's a hard item to replace if it's missing.

Are you really thinking about it?

Your Bride needs the Jeepster. His and hers, with just enough custom touches to make it unique. I like the original looking black exterior, but a matching orange sunburst metallic would be good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Wow... to the right guy, lots of parts there for at least two different vehicles. The Jeepster looks to be pretty complete and original. Two different projects there. A parts sale and a nice base for a restore. I see some big asking prices for restored ones but, no sales. You should read this first. All said, totally cool!

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-pr...-keeping-pace/
    That was a excellent article Bob, uuuhhhmmm i think I will pass even though it looks fairly decent to start out with and I did see it was pretty complete and doesn't look like it would be a lot (not 3.5 years worth) but I will keep a eye on the auction. I guess the only thing handy is where the auctions at, it is only 35 minutes SE of me which if it goes cheap it isn't that big of a deal to go pick up and store it until I get enough gumpsion to finish it.
    Last edited by TJones; 08-24-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    I'd maybe go $6K - it looks like the metal is good - at least not any corners knocked off from hitting the garage. It does have the 6-cylinder engine and with the overdrive, it should be fairly peppy on the road. The convertible frame seems pretty good as well - that's a hard item to replace if it's missing.

Are you really thinking about it?
    Larry I was kind of thinking about it but I do have my heart set on an ole pickup like yours, the Jeepster I would want to change a lot of it which would make it a 3.5 year to 5 year project and I am not really ready for that yet.
    Chris at Pro-Car has a motor at the shop he wants to put a blower on and he said he would work with me if I found a car or truck to put it in, and I am thinking of a ole Jeep pickup if I can find the right one.
    I want to tub the bed and put some big meats on it with a automatic but make it nice.
    Soooo I am still looking around.
    Last edited by TJones; 08-24-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Your Bride needs the Jeepster. His and hers, with just enough custom touches to make it unique. I like the original looking black exterior, but a matching orange sunburst metallic would be good as well.
    Yes Sir Black it will be whatever project I get into (all the company trucks are black including my Dodge pickup and the Brides Dodge Journey), as far as the Bride goes she told me to look up "Fat Chance" in the Webster Dictionary bc that is what the possibilities and or chances will be to see her driving or even riding around in that, but if I wanted to get it to tinker with have right at it

Sometimes I just think they do not understand our madness.........

If it goes cheap, buy it anyway and still drive it by the neighbors house and honk the horn repeatedly. Wait, that would be something I would do.... Don't be like me.

Black is a classic color, and goes with everything. If you get a truck like LarrBeard, and Bmorgil finds one too, Lord help us all...

Hmmm.... though a Jeepster with a blown LS..... It has a stout enough axle if its a 44..... the frame is strong...... fab up a cute little roll cage..... It should spin the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Hmmm.... though a Jeepster with a blown LS..... It has a stout enough axle if its a 44..... the frame is strong...... fab up a cute little roll cage..... It should spin the wheels.
    Bob I think they did come with a 44 and 4.88 gears that would be perfect for smokin the tires, but it would look a lot better with the smoke rolling out from under a Old Willys Pickup!!!
    If it does go cheap ( it's on for a couple more days) I may grab it up just to get it running and then sell it.

I think I will let the powder coater I used try his luck on the body of something with the wet black he did all my frame and running gears in, it seemed to be a little more consistent as far as matching went.
    The orange had to much metal flake in it along with the clear he put on top of the orange to be consistent as far as matching.

Well when they say you snooze you lose...........
    I had to drive dump truck this morning and the Jeepster sold for $2,000 online
    I put a maxi bid at $1,800 last night before bed and came to work at 5 and was delivering topsoil today and it sold for 2K before I got back to check.....DAMN
    Oh Well I will keep lookin