Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Didn't know you could do that to exhaust an turn out that good. Nice!

Thanks Az!!
    He tells me it’s good to 2,200 degrees.
    If it gets that hot I’m in trouble!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Out of control TJ! So nice.
    Must be getting Winter Boredom

Sweet! Love the look of powder coat, and really live ceramic coated exhaust. The powder coat on your exhaust should last you a lifetime of fun running.

Alright Mr. Jones, hope I can call you that? I needed to help myself and thank you and your thread for being there. My head is lately bent. So, like enugo montoya I went back to the beginning. I started back at page one you wrote just like I did before I signed up on here. My build has me confused so I reviewed yours as a compar-o. So, first off, you have a great misses. That garage sign she made you is terrific. Second, your build is great. You started 100 years ago when you were hill climbing one seat jeeps as a kid and somehow the path includes building a very cool example Heep as an OG. I am totally impressed with how you started out with a show quality resto in mind and never once waivered. Wtg man. That's what I needed to be reminded of. Confidence. Then, the humility. Sir your handiworks are something I pay money to get done! Awesome. And then, the example of just working away at it. The 3 wise men (yep I said it cause it's true) just helping out with some words and wise cracks here and there, but you tore *** through this build your own way. I love it! And last. I forgot, but it's a cool deal that you have this thread and I thank you for taking the time to share this. Buckets, man. We all got em. We all sit on em. But you get off yours occasional and do good stuff. Thank you. I'm headed off to tackle one of the wise men threads this week. I am having a hell of a time being done. Because there is no such thing! Frankly, dynos and clean paint on smooth metal, perfect fitment, it calls to a man. But I don't wanna. LoL. How didyou sleep when the engine blew up on you? How did you sleep when the dyno #'s were unclean that one time? It's just a commitment to a vision of a perfect build. That's what's challenging me. Like maybe it could be done... not just better, but perfectly... Good luck on this phase and watching to see just what it becomes, knowing it'll be great as usual. Thanks for understanding.

Damn AZ you must not sleep much either
    I see at 12:40 AM (my time) you were on here typing away.
    My build was more of a project for a guy that used to own this very Jeep that I have now, Jerry Warren who has been like a father to me since I lost mine in a tragic accident at work when I was 16. He built a 31 model A street rod about 25 years after he sold this Jeep to another friend and I tracked it down and bought for $150 that had been sitting in a barn for 20 years.
    I made my mind up when I started “with Jerry’s help” that I was going to do it right and your right “ I haven’t waivered” Thank You for the compliment !!! Since then his wife has come down with Parkinson’s disease and it has made it tough for him come and help or work on it with me so I keep him updated with pictures and such almost daily when we talk and I mean Daily either he calls or I call him to check up.
    So that’s my story of why I’m so anal about this project and I’m sticking to it!!!!
    Last edited by TJones; 03-15-2021 at 04:42 AM.

Here’s a couple pictures of Jerry’s and my Dads and mine almost 50 years ago.
    Jerry’s is on the left and ours is on the right when I was 10-12 years old

17C73518-3A4E-4F4B-A81B-749236029BCA.jpgDD2B2BB3-7663-41FA-B843-68994C182176.jpg

Good stuff TJ! I am having trouble remembering when I was 12 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Good stuff TJ! I am having trouble remembering when I was 12 years old.
    Bob if it wasn't for pictures I would have not remembered either, Thank God for the old photos that had the date they were printed on the edge