Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1082

Thread: New to the Forum

Ohhhh that truck is clean.... I would be very tempted on that one!

Sweet '70! The 383 would be exceptionally rare indeed in a short box. Your neighbor is smart to hang on to the truck for nothing more than sentimental value.

The last couple of auctions I've gone to, I haven't bought anything. The prices are either out of sight, or the owner throws out a reserve that is too high for what it is. I tried to buy a Ford model 2000 diesel tractor for a base to put my Ford 335 industrial tractor back together. My would-be winning bid was $4,250, but it was a no-sale because he wanted $6,000 for it. Nope. I was pushing the value of it at $4 K for what it was and the work that was needed to make it perfect. Plus, I need another tractor or anything else requiring attention around the ranch. One thing I've learned about going to an auction. Always pull the trailer, because even if you have no intention in buying anything, that's when you run across something you can't live without. Bmorgil, I think your son may have gotten his love of unique machinery honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    How many hours you have on your little tractor Jeff ?
    This one I have only has 600 hours on it.
    A little late with this. Kept forgetting to go around to the carport and look. The G3200 has 1098 hours. Most of the recent hours have come from mowing 4 acres of rough pasture. Takes forever with a 40” deck.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

FINALLY Coming to an end

1.jpg2.jpg

Takes forever with a 40” deck.[/QUOTE]

I bet it does take forever

Gotta love tj's infatuation with a lot of Orange!

One my neighbors has a very nice and new orange tractor. He recently asked if he could cut my pasture for hay. No more 8 hour Sundays on the mower for me!
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

Oh man, it does not get any better than that!

TJ will be needing another project before too long.

CJ, you won't know what to do with yourself, watching the hay grow, and not having to mess with it.

Well I couldn't stand not having anything to do after retiring so I started another Jeep Project.
    I sold the "Orange Crush" to a guy and he wanted me to built a Jeep for his Son out of a Jeep he bought (local to me) from a college roommate, and that is where my story/project begins.
    He bought a really Nice 58 CJ-5 with a stock F-134, T-90 and a Dana 18 transfer case that his roommates Dad restored and he wanted something with a bigger engine, power steering and better brakes on it to getter to WO better .
    So my buddy and I put our thinking caps on (Which at our ages is kinda hard to do) and came up with a BrainStorm of an idea.
    I knew a guy that had a 1972 CJ-5 (the first year at that time that AMC came out with the AMC 304 V8), we knew the tub was the same as the 58 tub, but the fenders and hood were 5"s longer. So that is where it all came to life.
    Here are some pictures of the 58 and the 72 "Donor" I'll call it, The Owner wanted to use the 58 body bc it was almost new, so we are in the midst of putting it on the 72 chassis.
    I will update you all as progress continues, I am sure that we will run into hiccups along the way but if this Forum can chime in at anytime like you all did with my Project we will getter done!!!!

Well it appears that I have to resize all my pictures and convert them jpeg format, been a while since I have posted anything
    Last edited by TJones; 01-05-2024 at 08:46 AM.