Page 10 of 109 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

I just found a Dana axle in California on Willy’s for Sale that has the knuckle I need for $100 for the whole axle, wonder if he’ll sell just the knuckle?
    It’s 5:30 in the morning in CALI maybe I’ll wait to call him
    Last edited by TJones; 12-15-2018 at 08:29 AM.

If the axle from California doesn't pan out, then I like your idea for stacking the hiem joints on the single hole knuckle. As long as the hardware stays tight, it should work well.

Got the frame and bumpers back from the powder coating shop today and he did a great job onit.IMG_0196.jpgIMG_0197.jpgIMG_0199.jpgIMG_0200.jpgIMG_0201.jpg
    Last edited by TJones; 12-20-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Everything is going back together with 316 SS bolts,nuts and washers.
    PS don’t forget to use Neverseeze on everything!!!!!!
    He told me today he could Powdercoat over bondo if it’s less than a inch thick, he said get a fender, hood or tailgate ready and he’d try it for free to see how it came out.
    My next move is to get a fender ready and let him do his magic!
    Last edited by TJones; 12-20-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Not to change the topic Mr. gm but knowing you work for the defense system I have a meeting tomorrow to start a job at the Revenna Arsenal in January, if you’ve never heard of it Google it, it has a long history of government defense operations.
    We are doing some contaminated waste removal “demo of a building that was built in the early 50’s and tore down in the late 80’s” and buried on site.

The job will be fun. Government red tape every time you turn around. A piece of advice, buy cheap boots and gloves. You do not know what you may be digging up. The military is well known for dumping anything and everything in open pits. I would also consider cleaning your equipment before bringing it home, or to another job. I would even go as far as taking in a load of pit run to pile off the side, and load it when you are through, and then dump it to scower the dump truck or end dump.

The frame did turn out really well. Powder coating the body parts would be great! More often than not, the powder coated color is much more consistent than paint. Then down the road if you need something fixed, there should be no difference in the shade of coat. Maybe years of being outside, the coat would not match, but I doubt that will be the case with your rig.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 12-21-2018 at 10:14 AM.

You are right about the Red Tape, I’ve never seen so much paper work. Once you get in the guys and girls we’re working with are Very helpful and nice to work with. The Arsenal has 3 full time employees that work on site that are employed by the Federal EPA so you can only imagine the extra paperwork that comes along with that!!!!
    I’ll send some pictures of the fender when it’s finished,you all have a Very Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
    Last edited by TJones; 12-22-2018 at 07:07 AM.

IMG_0221.jpgIMG_0222.jpgIMG_0223.jpgIMG_0224.jpgIMG_0225.jpg

Just waiting for the U-bolts and spring plates to get back from getting chromed.

Anybody looking for a new plastic tank,mounting strap,cap, 5 hole sending unit and rubber body grommet I think I'm going back to my original plan of putting a fuel cell in the back and covering the back portion with a vinyl cover with snaps or buttons. It fits a 46-64 CJ-2A,3A, and 3B for $175.00 plus shipping

The steering box mount looks good! The fuel cell plan sounds like a winner. Too bad the fuel tank isn't for a wagon. I have a couple extra original 2A tanks that are cleaned and ready to go. I cleaned my wagon tank, but the way it mounts to the rear body invokes dirt to build up on top of the tank, and rots out the rear body panel, bellow the tail gate. Amazing to me, the tank was in good shape.

Your frame is looking really good.

I am pleasantly surprised at how he got the whole frame hot enough get the coat to stick. Looks very good.