Page 14 of 109 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

You need to post some pictures of your Heep Project gm, whoever came up with "Heep" hit the nail on the head. You take one step forward and 2 steps back.
    Every time I get something done on mine I sit back down on my bucket (actually I bought a seat that rolls around at Menards) and stare at my Heep and I always come up with something else i want to do different.
    The last sit down was I had the springs all bolted up and thought I need to get the spring plates and U-bolts chromed. so off they came and down to the chrome shop they went. So today they are going back on, now the Bride says "I thought you did all that the week before we went on vacation" I just tell her "You just don't understand Dear"

Chrome Spring Hardware?

You noted: " I just tell her "You just don't understand Dear"

Try: "I'm just trying to make it look good Dear. I want the Old Jeep to be as good looking as the lady riding in it."

You silver tongued devil, you.

I better stop now LarrBeard, I’d have to spend a fortune to get it even close to being better looking than my bride!!!!!
    It only took 2 times for me to find my “Soulmate” and everyone says I married WAY OVER MY HEAD this time and I agree!!35895762-1BC2-4D30-ADDA-33E9DD1B1C72.jpg

The term Heep came from Mexico. They say Heep, mine was a heap, so we adopted the Mexican version as a tongue in cheek to our Jeeps.
    There is nothing wrong with out punting your coverage. They say love is blind, my long suffering misses needs a seeing eye dog.
    A project will take 4 times longer to complete and cost 6 times more than you figured. It's better to sit back on your creaper chair and study things. A beer and a Winston, study some more, then figure out the upgrades.
    There is not much for me to photograph at the moment. The bad part about a heep, it has too many flat surfaces for crap to accumulate. It should be far enough from the door to keep most items from being walked over to be set down upon it. The long suffering Misses tends to be a pilot. She does pile stuff here and there, so every day there is something new on it. Last weekend was a cleaning day, so I can see the floor again.

Looks great! The heim joints will be a nice touch.

On to my brake and clutch pedals, this was a little bit of a B&^%H doing by yourself

IMG_0487.jpgIMG_0488.jpgIMG_0489.jpgIMG_0490.jpg

Looks great! It will be good to have the adjustable brake bias. At this moment I don't remember if you were going to run disk brakes or not, and I'm being lazy to not thumb through to fact check. Either way, the adjustment will give you the flexibility you will need.

No disc brakes, I switched it over to 11" truck brakes right after I started on it though i am hoping those will wooo it

P.S. gm your mailbox wont take any more messages ........its full imagine that

I'll attend to it. That's why I ended up replicating the responses the other night. It isn't as easy on a tablet to see what was going on.... Or it's just me.

Give it another shot. You might have to start a new thread. Looks like there is a Max of 5,000 words per thread, or message.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 02-02-2019 at 07:47 PM.