Page 16 of 109 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Being a PapPaw

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    Everyone is healthy sept for Papa he's tired, but he will can get over that...... ALL'S Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you can start to spoil that little guy and teach him all the things his mother doesn't want PapPaw to show him.

Oh you can bet on that LarrBeard, between that and Nana spoiling him to death Mom and Dad might think twice about bringing Jr. over to Nana and Papa's

Not a chance. Free babysitting is worth the tradeoff. Anymore, these children teach us things all the time, especially with electronics. I'll stick with my role of teaching them how to lay down a good Rockford reverse drop, or the art of double clutching.

I have question about the headlights on my 52 M38 grille since converted to a CJ-3A, my project came with chrome headlight rings on it and I need to replace them. That being said the M38 did not come with chrome headlight rings (see attached picture of what I have) and KW does not sell the chrome ring with the 3 holes in it to screw it to the bezel any ideas from the 3 Wise Men or anyone else?
    I have attached the pictures of the grille,headlight bezel,screws,springs and the chrome ring.grille5.jpgIMG_0539.jpgIMG_0540.jpgIMG_0542.jpgIMG_0541.jpg

TJones,

Let me see if I'm tracking.... Or better yet, I'll throw on some photos of some of my prior M38 / CJ3A-M38 to see what ones you are hunting;

The first two pictures are of a MD Juan bodied M38-CJ3A. The grill is mostly M38, with the headlight buckets out of a CJ3A. The second set was an honest M38. The passenger side headlamp is missing the top bezel screw tang. That heep of parts only had one bezel with it. If I'm following correctly, you are wanting the M38 style of bezel, but in chrome? Let me throw an idea your way, if a set of M38 bezels can be located, are you apposed to having them powder coated?

NOS M38 bezels are going for $40 each, they are on the link, but have to thumb down about 3/4 the page;

https://www.debellajeepparts.com/m38premier.htm

If you would like to go the route of the single screw bezel, I'd have to look before making any promises, but I do have a spare wagon grill with the headlight buckets installed. I know they are there, but the condition is questionable. I doubt that there were bezels on them. Just an added option.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 02-21-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks GM.
    Mine are identical to yours on the M38 but mine are chrome (a little rusty) with the 3 hole's for mounting. I cant seem to find chrome ones anywhere, all I can find are the 1 screw version.
    All the headlight buckets,rings and motor parts are at the PCing shop now so I will see how they come out and if I dont like them I will get the ones I have chromed I guess unless I find chrome ones somewhere.
    I talked to Mike at KW's and seems to think mine were added bc the M38 didnt come with the headlight rings at all and all the chrome ones he has are the single hole with the clip at the top and I'm not sure if those will work with my bucket.

No problem.

I don't think I've ever seen a chrome three screw ring, because the later CJ3Bs and CJ5s were a different style, meaning that they were more cone shaped. A chrome silver powder coat may look fairly good. I know some years back some of the Nascar teams were running powder coated silver wheels, because chrome was too heavy. Couldn't tell unless you were close up. Just an idea.

I just talked to Jerry the original owner and he said he did have them chromed when he owned it, a lot of questions answered tonight.
    I am having the rings powder coated Wet Black like the frame so I am going to see how it looks against the orange grille and we'll go from there.

That will look good. That makes complete sense. Compared to now, chroming was cheap 30 years ago or so. If it didn't move, (on its own) it was chromed.

Welded up the turn signal holes in the grille and drilled them back out with a 3-1/8" hole saw to fit some 3" fog lights beings I am going to put LED headlights with running lights,headlights and turn signals built in.
    grille5.jpgIMG_0552.jpgIMG_0551.jpg