Page 18 of 109 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Tailights installed today, next is the Speedo and Gauges.Tailights 2.jpgTailights 3.jpgTailights 1.jpg

Looks good! I'll try and get out to the garage to count the threads on the Speedo cable.

Gauges.jpg
    That didnt take long.

Thanks GM, I have looked up the standard size on everything is 5/8-18 count. So maybe I'll just get one from KW, Mike is pretty good about taking stuff back if it doesnt work or is not what you need.
    Last edited by TJones; 03-03-2019 at 05:27 AM.

I looked in the bin this afternoon, and what I remember as being a speedo cable, was actually a parking brake cable. I'll look tomorrow to see if the wagon chassis has the cable still installed.

The gauges turned out really nice.

Thanks Buddy!!!

I did remember to look for the spare speedo cable. I had his it from myself on the top shelf in the garage. The size is 5/8" X 18.
    You are welcome! Your ride is coming together nicely. What is the ETA on the engine?

Thank You GM, the motor is supposed to be put on the dyno next week (I HOPE) i am running out of tinkering things to do on it.............
    That sure helps knowing that the stock speedo has a 5/8" x 18 thread count, now I can order a stock cable from KW's or Walcks and get everything in order for when I get the motor stuffed in the frame. Then the meticulous stuff starts like wiring,brakes and small tedious things like that, Thanks Again.
    Last edited by TJones; 03-04-2019 at 05:02 AM.

IMG_0630.jpgIMG_0631.jpg

Finally the motor will be ready to install sometime next week!!!!

Looks good! I'm having a brain fade, or maybe I'm being lazy and not reading back through your posts. What are you planning to run for induction? Carb or fuel injection?
    The reason I ask is that I'm on the fence about what way I want to do. It all depends on what kind of deal I can swing, or what kind of late model truck I can find in the wrecking yard. If the 350 checks out good, then I can build it up and top it off with a Holley stand alone injection set up. If I can come across a good 5.3 or 6.0 out of a truck, then I might go that way.
    I guess I need to worry about getting the floor done before how to power it.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 03-07-2019 at 06:45 PM.