Page 25 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

True, cheap stoves are easy to come by. My problem is garage floor space. I might have just enough room left for a toaster oven. One of these days, I'll be able to put up another shop like I had in the north country.

I’m not real sure WTF is going on over there, but I get tired of running back and forth to have **** re-done. And my body guy gets tired of re skim coating parts bc if it doesn’t turn out he has to blast it all off...
    He’s doing 1 piece at a time and I’m not sure if he’s run out of powder and had to order more that’s a shade off, but this Ole Boy is going to STOP the bleeding!!!!

Powder Coat Stoves

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    True, cheap stoves are easy to come by. My problem is garage floor space. I might have just enough room left for a toaster oven. One of these days, I'll be able to put up another shop like I had in the north country.
    a

That's why we had to get rid of them.

I worked down the road from an outfit called Morton Metal Craft. They handle a lot of sheet metal work for Caterpillar, John Deere, and various other Midwest manufacturing companies. They had vats of approved colors, and they go through a quality check to ensure that the sheet metal will match the rest of the machine that was powder coated at a different time, and a different location. In short, it's your local shop that is trying to soak you for their shoddy work.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Then we sold the stoves as "checked, cleaned and working" for $35/each and didn't have stoves sitting behind the garage.
    Truly a Master!

Unearned Glory

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Truly a Master!
    Nope, not Master Chief, just a Senior Chief.

Cheap too.

I might be able to compete with you Senior Chief, in the cheap department. At least the long suffering Misses says I am. She asks where do I want to go out to eat? I respond, where do we have coupons to?

AHHHHHHHH! I just told my wife the reason we need to pay the long dollar for a printed paper, is the coupons! As you burn down your resources, you sure do learn the value of CHEAP! Let someone else print them out! The ink for my printer cost more than the delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I worked down the road from an outfit called Morton Metal Craft. They handle a lot of sheet metal work for Caterpillar, John Deere, and various other Midwest manufacturing companies. They had vats of approved colors, and they go through a quality check to ensure that the sheet metal will match the rest of the machine that was powder coated at a different time, and a different location. In short, it's your local shop that is trying to soak you for their shoddy work.
    TJ, so LarrBeard transports us in, pelago provides cover, gmwillys leads us in and we raid the place! Teach them to mess with a the KW bloggers! We just need to give me about 45 minutes to "rush in".

I get the coupons from the promotional free newspapers.