Page 37 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

I will have to take some pictures of Pro Cars Dyno, the founder of Pro Car the late “Chuck Wright” built his own Dyno over a 5 year time span and now his son Chris Wright uses it everyday. Chuck was a Wealth of Knowledge when it came to engines and tuning them. Chris is now tuning LS motors with the new 4 valve heads he is building from a block of aluminum with his new CNC machine. He is getting 600-800 hp out of stock motors depending on what cam and injection system he uses. You can follow his testing on his Facebook page “Pro-Car Associates or Multi-Valve Technology”. He said his Dyno is capable of testing up to 3,000 hp, I’m telling you it is a impressive piece of equipment!!!!

Very nice! Lots of room. There is no better assurance that it is worth going through the rest of the work to put it in. It takes a lot off you as you finish up knowing the motor is not going to be an issue. If it survives the dyno, comes out not dripping, It wont have to come back out.

bmorgil you’ll have to make a road trip down my way one weekend and I’ll take you over to their shop, it’s pretty impressive and you may know some of the same people Chris knows!!!!
    I forgot to mention he tunes “The Mistress” car that runs in the No Prep Street Outlaws class and that car makes almost 3,000 hp with a single turbo that’s probably as big around as a 5 gallon bucket CRAZY POWER!!!!!

It will happen TJ, I was just in Hudson for the Holidays (not far from Summit auto). I have some relation around there. I am usually around a few times a year. We'll have to get together for sure.

Deal.....Hudson is 5 minutes from my house, we live in Northampton just give me a couple days notice and I’ll pick you up and we’ll have some fun for a few hours!!!

Hibernation

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Nothing is more thrilling to a gear head, than a Motor pulling hard and crying out against the water brake. I love the Dyno Room!
    It that what/who I think it is hiding under all of those sheets and moving blankets?

It is peeJ, warm and cozy under blankets in the heated garage. A true Garage Queen!

Garage Queen

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    It is peeJ, warm and cozy under blankets in the heated garage. A true Garage Queen!
    We were talking about the '48 truck over Christmas and one of the more imaginative grand-daughters said that it had " ... gone to a Spa for the winter ..." , it had received an " ... exfoliating skin treatment ... " and was going to get " ... a new look makeover with new skin tones and highlights ...".

I'm not sure that is how I want my truck described - it sounds just too girly.

(But, if exfoliated means getting a layer of skin peeled off - I guess that fits)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Whatever it takes to get folks to understand. With a group of people of 20 somethings males and females, you have to give work instructions out in the simplest terms possible.

His Dyno looks even better than the ones we use. Their craftsmanship shows.

A Dyno room is a great place to spend time in, and even better to be paid to be there day in and day out. The bigger engines are proofed for 50 hours straight of constant load. When they test more than two at a time, items on my desk would move through the vibration through the building.