Page 38 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

DAMN LarrBeard that Baby is going to be Priceless... I can't wait to see the finished product.
    I looked at their add and I think that ole boy has more money invested in Old Gas pumps that I have invested in iron we work (or play) in the dirt with everyday. You sure can tell he Loves what he does!!!!

You are right gm, I love to go down and help Chris get them set up on the dyno and just sit on the computer side of the bullet proof glass and watch him run through a warm up then he shuts em down. after they cool down he does it all over again and starts on the process of running them through the load, WOW it's exciting to watch the pressures, the RPM's and the HP and Torque numbers come up.
    As I said earlier he is working on the 6.2 LS3 motor which is a small block 376 CI that is putting out somewhere between 430-435 hp from the factory, and he is changing the heads, the cam and the injection and getting somewhere between 600 & 800 HP.
    Technology has come a LONG way!!!!!
    Last edited by TJones; 12-30-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Come On Buckeyes!!!!!

#@!$%%^ ^&%$# ((*^%%$!!!....

Dog gone it!

No matter how much technology advances, there is little replacement for displacement.
    I am rather fond of the LX 6.0 366 c.i. GM gasser. I personally put just shy of 200,000 miles on one with no issues outside of a seeping oil cooler line. If I can find a descent candidate, I may exchange the 350 out of the wagon for an upgrade of the 6.0.

Ohio has nothing to be ashamed of. Clemson is tough to beat. The wife's favorite Auburn plays Minnesota on Wednesday. We'll see how that goes.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 12-29-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Well you could always "artificially" increase the displacement with a positive displacement pump like a 671 blower maybe?

True, a 671 blower is a classic power adder. The government still uses lots of 6V and 8V Detroits, so we get to hear the blowers spool in between the buzzing of the half dozen. That would add a whole lot of fun to the build, but I think I will stick with the daily driver route.

My Son in Law is a Clemson Tiger Fan and called at 12:20 this morning to rub it in a little I told him the Tigers better have their game on when they play LSU!!!!!

I thought about putting a 471 blower on mine but I didn’t want to cut a opening in the hood, I may still have to with the sniper EFI.
    I guess we’ll see when I stuff it in there.
    Last edited by TJones; 12-29-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Football Lessons

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    My Son in Law is a Clemson Tiger Fan and called at 12:20 this morning to rub it in a little
    Just think how Oklahoma fans are feeling today.

Yep, I didn't think OU had a chance to win that game, but thought they could move the ball a little. Their defense has been thin all season and they had one of their best players suspended and another secondary player injured in bowl practice. Then another bonehead got ejected for targeting so a poor defense just got worse. I thought Ohio State would beat Clemson but Clemson really played some defense in the second half. I would lay my money on LSU.